Answered

502 Bad Gateway

• 3 September 2017
  • 3 replies

I seem to be totally unable to connect to soundcloud from my home internet. I had to sign in using a proxy server just so I can be able to post here.
This started about 20 days or so ago and I thought it was just some bandwidth limitation of some sort but it is still happening to me after all this time over 20 days later. I get a "502 Bad Gateway" error for any connection made to soundcloud.com from any device. Here is an example output of curl -v soundcloud.com:

Request ID: Y7IzTe8rvu_8GqlrQ3QIvQpgHtXbO9_8EjqTosg-FNC2soqt2eYvCQ==

so it tries to make a connection to 814324319c0a08a807678de7916d96ab.cloudfront.net hosted on cloudfront which doesn't resolve:

Here's the traceroute:

If I connect to the router from my phone via wifi soundcloud does not work and neither does any other browser or anything so I believe the IP address itself for my household is entirely blocked in someway.

I looked around on the forum and found very little help on the matter and some other unresolved threads spanning other places such as reddit and github. I should state that this household has a static IP so shutting off the router for a period of time and turning it back on does not change my IP address like some other providers.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 18 September 2017, 15:41

Hi Wunkolo,

I've just checked in with our Trust & Safety team and you're right - the block might have come from our end. Please note that there was an IP range we needed to block for security issues at some point, however you should now be fine.

If you still cannot access though, please reach out to our Trust & Safety team and provide your IP address for a more in depth investigation.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

3 replies

Would really appreciate some help with this before it drowns out to page to. I am still totally unable to connect from home.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Wunkolo,

I've just checked in with our Trust & Safety team and you're right - the block might have come from our end. Please note that there was an IP range we needed to block for security issues at some point, however you should now be fine.

If you still cannot access though, please reach out to our Trust & Safety team and provide your IP address for a more in depth investigation.

Cheers
Mathis
Thank you. I found that I was just unblocked just a few days ago.