Question

Ability to block/blacklist songs?

Userlevel 1
Is there a way to block or blacklist songs so they never play in Discovery or the app radio? The artists I follow make the occasional parody/joke song that I would rather not hear ever again.

14 replies

I dont think it is possible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

This is indeed not possible at this point. Please see here to learn how to best provide feedback to us for future reference. :)

Best
Mathis
This is something that really should be implemented. I _HATE_ degenerative crap like hip hop, rap and such. And I get it all the time.
This is it. I will leave Soundcloud. I get the same annoying song coming up every time. This is a crap app.
This is something that really should be implemented. I _HATE_ degenerative crap like hip hop, rap and such. And I get it all the time.
The same problem. Everytime I must `alt + tab` to turn off this trash..
This is a really big problem at the moment
I really like being able to mark some music as "not liked". Wish it was possible here.
Ну представляете, для эксперимента чувак говно запилит, а ты это слушай, хотя остальные сонги нормальные.
We need more parody songs so that people will get tired of them more and ask for a blacklist button.
Spotify already has one, why can't Soundcloud?
Yes. I really don't know why these music platforms force people to listen to these crap.

Yes. I really don't know why these music platforms force people to listen to these crap.

totally agree i just signed and pain to use soundcloud and I keep getting a song with swearwords and no matter what i do cant get it off.

Yes I paid money to use this platform and right from the beginning a song came on with foul language, which is distasteful and no matter how hard I have tried in the few settings there are I can’t get it off. Im glad I am a student or it would have cost me a lot more money. Its disgusting I should be put in this position.

We need more parody songs so that people will get tired of them more and ask for a blacklist button.
Spotify already has one, why can't Soundcloud?

Exactly because we pay to use this and then have no control. The producers should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to happen.

This is it. I will leave Soundcloud. I get the same annoying song coming up every time. This is a crap app.

Exactly and if we have paid money shouldn’t if we receive offensive songs there be some action taken.