Answered

About "Others" in Stats report

• 13 January 2015
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
With Pro subscription we have an extended report. I want to understand the meaning of "Others" differences between sources within "Users", "Countries", "Cities", "Web sites" and "Songs". Why in the songs list of music I see others instead of the title of the song that has been played ? How come I do not see the title of the songs. I can understand that we can see "Others" for users but I do not for "Countries/Cities", "Web Sites" and "Songs". I believe we should know the source.
icon

Best answer by Maytal 16 January 2015, 15:23

Hey,

All categories in the Stats page are limited to the top 50 results. When SoundCloud did not do this in the past, some users could not access the Stats page at all because there was so much information it was crashing before it could load all of the stats.

If you are seeing 'Others' for tracks, cities and countries, and apps and URLs this means these are plays coming outside of the top 50 tracks, countries, and sources. I'd recommend adjusting your time frame to be smaller, or looking directly at a track's stats page if you are interested in seeing more specific stats about a certain track or time.

Additionally, outside of having more than fifty logged in users, there are two other reasons why you may be seeing 'Others' underneath your listeners on the new Stats. Others can count towards anonymous plays, or users who are using Stealth Mode on their account.
View original

12 replies

amigo Joliciel.. vamos a esperar a ver quien da la respuesta... me interesa saber también... permiteme acompañarte a esperar a alguien que nos diga... .
Userlevel 1
Hey,

All categories in the Stats page are limited to the top 50 results. When SoundCloud did not do this in the past, some users could not access the Stats page at all because there was so much information it was crashing before it could load all of the stats.

If you are seeing 'Others' for tracks, cities and countries, and apps and URLs this means these are plays coming outside of the top 50 tracks, countries, and sources. I'd recommend adjusting your time frame to be smaller, or looking directly at a track's stats page if you are interested in seeing more specific stats about a certain track or time.

Additionally, outside of having more than fifty logged in users, there are two other reasons why you may be seeing 'Others' underneath your listeners on the new Stats. Others can count towards anonymous plays, or users who are using Stealth Mode on their account.
Userlevel 1
amigo Joliciel.. vamos a esperar a ver quien da la respuesta... me interesa saber también... permiteme acompañarte a esperar a alguien que nos diga... .
très bien ,no problemo
Userlevel 1
Thank you Maytal, very clear.
Userlevel 1
However, I have been doing some thinking, still waving in my mind, why we do not at least see from the report the songs that are played. I'm pretty sure the server knows the file that is executed.
Userlevel 1
Hey,

You should be able to see the top 50 tracks for the time period on your Stats page in the section that says "Most played tracks". The reason why you can't see the rest is due to the 50 limit that is in place for all stats in order to make the page load reliably.

The information is stored though, and if you change the time range slightly to a smaller date range you can go into more details about what tracks were played on what day.
Hey,

You should be able to see the top 50 tracks for the time period on your Stats page in the section that says "Most played tracks". The reason why you can't see the rest is due to the 50 limit that is in place for all stats in order to make the page load reliably.

The information is stored though, and if you change the time range slightly to a smaller date range you can go into more details about what tracks were played on what day.

Hi Maytal,

I also face the same problem, and I've reduced the stats page to a single day, yet I still see the same 'others'...

Soundcloud should be able to tell exactly which of my tracks was played. Keep in mind that some of us paid for this subscription specifically to see these stats and make decisions based on them.

Thanks, as I look forward to your answer.
Hey,

I have the same problem. I don't even own more than 50 tracks... if it's only showing the 'top 50' then how it there even room for any 'Other'
I'm also a paying subscriber, on the Pro plan.
Hey,

I guess soundcloud doesn't consider it a serious enough issue. I most likely will not be renewing my subscription, since my concerns are not considered important enough to deserve a response.
Why dose it say "other tracks" When I only got seven tracks. In 7 days I've got "other tracks" played 14 times. I wonder what other tracks? I've only got 7 tracks.

Christer Nahrendorf
Userlevel 1
Hey,

For non-paying users, it looks like they only report 25 plays, and after that, everything is "Other." Or, that's my guess. Really, it's pretty lame they can't discern between my dozen tracks and 2 dozen+ plays in a week. And, the fact that they don't do it for paying subscribers is worrying, because it suggests a pretty underpowered backend.
Hey,

At first I figured the use of 'others' was a cheap trick to push a user upmarket. But it turns out the higher tariff offers no improvement. I don't have 50 tracks or 50 likes a day or 50 followers but i'm getting the mysterious 'others' --- yes SC admitted bozo here - but totally inside your "50 stats is as much as your poor wee computer can handle" limit. So your kind 'explanation' SC of the 'others' category (itself a total non sequitur) doesn't square at all. But since it is not a marketing teaser what possible benefit is it to you to have this flaw which just p's people off?? Highly masochistic behaviour since many of us will feel obliged to walk to the next better alternative. I mean this is the internet right.. ;?