Ads pretty much after every song, same ad, makes Soundcloud almost unbearable to listen too.

• 19 October 2018
  • 1 reply

This is not a general Ad hate conversation. I completely understand the need for ads, something has to pay the bills, and am totally cool with them at a reasonable amount. But having the same ad after almost every song makes it infuriating to listen too and drives me crazy. I've been on Soundcloud for 7-8 years and love the community but this situation is pretty much forcing my hand. Either I have to purchase a subscription or leave. No matter my decision, it will leave a terrible taste in my mouth and will really weigh in on if I recommend Soundcloud to others.

I want Soundcloud to be successful!! 100%! I really enjoy it. But geez, making it hard to like it right now. Sorry and thank you all for listening, needed to vent about the situation because if I hear this Vans ad one more time, my computer is going to find a new home through the window.

1 reply

I previously haven't had a problem with the SoundCloud advertisements up until about 6 months ago. I put my music on loop all the time, so before, I was only getting advertisements when I switched songs which could be every 2 hours or so. Understandably, this is lost revenue for Soundcloud, so I was ok when I started getting advertisements between loops at what I considered reasonable intervals when they started putting advertisements in when you loop your music, but then, I was hearing the same advertisement for multiple months. I cannot tell you how happy I was when I was finally not bombarded by an advertisement promoting some IT school that always started with "let's talk about Noah." MOST ANNOYING AD IN THE WORLD! and I had to listen to it every single add for like 2.5 months. I heard it every day for the multiple hours I had music playing. then the ads starting getting more frequent.

literally, the only reason I keep using this service is because of the music library that I have acquired on it. If I knew of a way to transfer all of the music I have liked to some different music streaming platform, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

it feels as though they are not providing soundcloud as simply an add free alternative, but rather forcing you to use it through the use of pusing advertising heavily.