Solved

Can someone from soundcloud help with a few issues, 1 on my other account i cannot login here to ask for help?

Its quite obvious my other account on here has been blocked from logging in, ive been a pro account user for about 7 years and not happy or impressed, i need to be able to login to be able to get help every now & then obviously, yet ive obviously been blocked as ive logged in with this free account no problem!!

also i wanted to know how come a friend of mine dj junk posts links to facebook and it looks all nice and neat with a 30 sec sound sample yet ive tried numerous times and it comes up the same old rubbish with the artwork looking awful as has done for ages???

So two things that i need help with there please, seems as im a old pro account user!

with thanks paul
icon

Best answer by Navid 26 September 2018, 17:12

Hey again Dobshok,

As a more detailed explanation to your question regarding the embedded player on facebook with the 30-second playable snippet - If you have music that is delivered through a digital distribution service to our platform (ie - monetizable content which is delivered via the supply chain) then this will appear as a link that you can play (30 seconds) which itself links to SoundCloud. Any other content which is uploaded by you to your profile will appear as an image and a link to the track on SoundCloud instead. That means that the friend that you are referring to must have had his music delivered to SoundCloud via the supply chain and that's why it appeared on facebook as a 30-second snippet when it was embedded. If you search you might find third-party services out there which could provide you with a similar function for your own tracks.

We had a look at your other account 'jobjobbed' - this account has no blocks on it, neither on Soundcloud or the community page and you should be able to access both pages normally, please get back to us if you are still experiencing issues with this account.

Regarding your first account 'DjPinkie' - there are no blocks on this account either, you should be able to log into SoundCloud normally. However, we do see that there's an issue when trying to log into the community - our engineers have been informed and it's being investigated at the moment.

View original

10 replies

Also just seen about the mini player and it doesnt work on my account and seen thats now 2 years old!!
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Hey there Dobshok,

First of all - if you can let me know the URL of your blocked account I can investigate this matter further for you.

Regarding your other question - the ability to play a track directly from Facebook - is currently only available for our Premier Partners. Any other content will be displayed as an image with a link to the track.

Thanks for understanding.

Cheers,
Navid
Hi navid thank you for youre fast reply, do you mind me asking what do you mean by premium partners as ive been a pro account holder for around 7 years?? pro account equals top account hence we should be getting the best and the same?! its what we originally joined up as pro accounts for where the big part of it was to be able to play our music in facebook! part of the deal we bought into and still paying for!

heres my account that cant login into the help section & can you please make my account so i can share my music with the little player and artwork looking how it should for a pro account holder thanks,paul

DjPinkie | Dj Pinkie | Free Listening on SoundCloud
I have to say im pretty sure all pro account users would really like to hear how there paying for a premium

account and only a select few are being allowed to do this, seriously wrong when we pay the same.....
ps this hasnt been solved as it states navid! im needing you to make my premium account so i can embed the code to the little player with play button for facebook thank you....legally its what i signed upto years ago thanks
As asked before why on earth has a friend of mine got the premium partner thing so his sets posted on facebook are neat small and the play button yet hes a pro account user the same as me and both being pro account holders for around 7 years each????!!!

this is bang out of order as my shared links look soo unprofessional with artwork looking outrageously bad, if im paying for premium i should be getting just that & the same, same as everyone else who pays for a pro account?!

Ill be kicking up on facebook and letting everyone else know about this and itll kick off with pro account holders
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
It might be that you are confusing our Pro Unlimited subscription with our Premier Partner program. You can read more about it here as well as sign up through this page. Keep in mind that this program is invite only.

Regardind your other account that you just linked (https://soundcloud.com/pinkie2) - It appears as though there was a protective block put onto this profile, as your email address may have been compromised in the past. I've since removed this block, so you should now be able to log in again if you still know the password to your SoundCloud account. I'd advise you to do this from a web browser, because you can then add another email address to your account to prevent this happening in future.
Navid,
Dokshok here again, why have you not unblocked my other account for logging into here the help sections & also blocked dokshoks account from logging in??

Also if you look on here at the mini embedded player it states very clearly that you need to be a pro account holder or pro unlimited account holder for this little embedded player to work on facebook with nice & neat artwork and 30 sec play button, so why did you make out above you need to be a premium partner account holder????
I`ll copy n paste from here where it says quite clearly that i being a pro unlimited account holder can use the mini embed player function for facebook etc

copy n pasted....

The Mini embedded player

Please note: the Mini embedded player is only available for individual tracks, not playlists.

The Mini Player is a smaller, sleeker option available to Pro and Pro Unlimited users. Select between a light and dark scheme, and choose from a variety of colors for the play button and playing progress.

You can access the Mini player through your track's Share button in the Embed tab as the third option available:

https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003449027-The-Mini-embedded-player

Now can you enable my pro unlimited account so i can please use the mini embed player on facebook as im getting a very unprofessional link shared with distorted bloated artwork making me look a plum, meanwhile my friend who is on the same pro unlimited accounts getting the very nice embedded mini player.

Your help towards enabling this for me will be very much appreciated please.....

My profile with the pro unlimited account is - DjPinkie | Dj Pinkie | Free Listening on SoundCloud

With the best regards, thank you, Paul
I'm curious as I am a Label owner Looking to get a "Pro" Account. Please tell me how he treats you as this sort of thing is important to me. "Ye who is faithful in little is Faithful in much" -Dongo Perkins
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Hey again Dobshok,

As a more detailed explanation to your question regarding the embedded player on facebook with the 30-second playable snippet - If you have music that is delivered through a digital distribution service to our platform (ie - monetizable content which is delivered via the supply chain) then this will appear as a link that you can play (30 seconds) which itself links to SoundCloud. Any other content which is uploaded by you to your profile will appear as an image and a link to the track on SoundCloud instead. That means that the friend that you are referring to must have had his music delivered to SoundCloud via the supply chain and that's why it appeared on facebook as a 30-second snippet when it was embedded. If you search you might find third-party services out there which could provide you with a similar function for your own tracks.

We had a look at your other account 'jobjobbed' - this account has no blocks on it, neither on Soundcloud or the community page and you should be able to access both pages normally, please get back to us if you are still experiencing issues with this account.

Regarding your first account 'DjPinkie' - there are no blocks on this account either, you should be able to log into SoundCloud normally. However, we do see that there's an issue when trying to log into the community - our engineers have been informed and it's being investigated at the moment.