Answered

Can't change URL

• 14 January 2018
  • 4 replies

hi, i've been trying to change my url to 'justinpost' and it won't let me but it doesn't seem to be taken by anyone

is there any way i can have it?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 7 February 2018, 11:59

Hi @justin post,

Sorry, this URL was taken by a fake user that got suspended, in which case it gets blocked by the system. In individual cases, we can make the URL available again. Grab it while it's available :)

Cheers
Mathis
View original

4 replies

I'm having the exact same problem. If i change it and then click on "profile" in the drop down menu, the URL in the search bar will change, but if i hit refresh it says "we can't find that user" and my URL has changed back to how it was before. Seems like a problem with saving the new URL. Anyone have a fix??
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @justin post,

Sorry, this URL was taken by a fake user that got suspended, in which case it gets blocked by the system. In individual cases, we can make the URL available again. Grab it while it's available :)

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@Loxøne, I believe I have assisted with this issue on a different topic already 🙂
@Mathis

Hi Mathis, I seem to have the exact same problem, I want to change my default url from it's current Kris-Fricke to beedev, which does not appear to be taken but the exact same thing as Loxone describes occurs. Is it a previously blocked username you could unblock for me? Thanks.

Kris.