Question

Can't like tracks + Can't open SC website in Safari

• 8 January 2018
  • 2 replies

First of all, when I try to use SC on safari I get the error:
"Sorry! Something went wrong. Is your network connection unstable or browser outdated?"
Well I've updated my browser and tried SIX different wifi networks and still cannot use the website.
Apparently it works on Chrome and IE fine though.....

Next, whenever I try to like a track on the chrome browser I am forced to use, it says there's an error:
"Something went wrong when trying to perform this action."
AND
"Oops! Something went wrong with that request."

Sooooo..... Why can't I like anything or use the site at all in Safari?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmmm, did you try doing this on a playlist by any chance? If so, our engineers are currently looking into this issue. Other than that, there are no block of any source on your account, so you should generally be able to perform this action.

About Safari: Hmm, odd. Have you tried opening a private browser window to see if it works in there to isolate your cache as a root cause? Also, any extensions installed? If so, please disable temporarily to see if this makes a difference. Lastly, I believe Safari has a "power saving" setting in its advanced preferences - maybe try disabling that.

Apart from that, are you running any firewall or antivirus software that might accidentally block Safari from actions that are allowed on your other browsers?

Just a few ideas, difficult to troubleshoot from far away, as there are so many root causes. Let us know how it went.

Cheers
Mathis
Well the liking tracks problems is solved, but...

It seems to allow me to open SC in safari's private mode, but not in the regular safari browser, even with all extensions, firewalls, and power save disabled. Not sure why it suddenly won't let me access it only on safari?