Question

Can't login on Soundcloud on Kodi Krypton

• 24 October 2017
  • 34 replies

So I updated my Kodi to the latest version Krypton a few days ago. The soundcloud plugin from bromix was working for maybe 2 days and after that it didn't show my account or playlists. I if enter my username and password again it gives me invalid_grant and sometimes http 403 error. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Oetjel

34 replies

I'm experiencing the same issue. Krypton was installed on my Raspberry Pi 2 two months ago and Soundcloud worked pretty fine. Two days ago, the app disconnected by itself and show me 'invalid_grant' when I tried to reconnect...
I've seen somewhere else that switching to another skin may help. I'll try it this evening.

Jo nas
Dod you find a solution to this? Having the same problem.
I am also having the same issue. Anyone have the solution please?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, sorry, I'm unfamiliar with the plugin you're referring to, but it sounds like this might be out of my scope as it wasn't developed by SoundCloud but a 3rd party. Have you been able to contact the developer maybe? Are you still able to sign in with your credentials from a desktop web browser to make sure you can sort out your account details being the root cause? Let the community know 🙂
same here. was working fine, also on Kodi Krypton, but since last week the invalid grant error popped up. Completely re-installed my Raspberry pi2, but didnt help.

Ill try to contact the addon creator.. lets see if that helps..
I have found an email addres inside the source code. message has been sent; I'll keep you posted
I had the exact same issue, all of a sudden occurring since last sunday (november 12th). Before that I had been running all Libreelec beta's with Kodi 17.x. (Krypton)

The only way I found to get it going again was to copy the settings.xml from the userdata/plugin.audio.soundcloud folder from a working system onto my Libreelec box. Et voila, it started working directly after that.
yo Ray..

searched it on my macbook, but couln't find it..

and btw.. the email address I reffered to is non excistent, so no connection to brommix
Do you have a Windows PC? Install Kodi from the Store. Then configure Soundcloud so it works as expected. Quit Kodi and then look for the settings.xml in the folder:

C:\users\youraccount\appdata\roaming\Kodi\userdata.

Look for the Soundcloud plugin folder there. It should have the working settings.xml
Well..

got my hopes up too high.

Installed Kodi on my macbook. installed soundcloud, but still got the invalid grant error.. damm I'm pissed....
Do you have a Windows PC? Install Kodi from the Store. Then configure Soundcloud so it works as expected. Quit Kodi and then look for the settings.xml in the folder:

Look for the Soundcloud plugin folder there. It should have the working settings.xml

did it on a W10 laptop. same errors occur..

still pisses me off!!!
I'm in - have exactly the same issue. Need help. Windows 10.
I have same issue on osmc & windows 10
I think the problem relates to Client_ID & Client_Secret on this file:

~/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.soundcloud/resources/lib/content/client.py

CLIENT_ID = '40ccfee680a844780a41fbe23ea89934'
CLIENT_SECRET = '26a5240f7ee0ee2d4fa9956ed80616c2'

unfortunately soundcloud will no longer be processing API application requests through this page:

https://soundcloud.com/you/apps

so I can't test changing this values solve this problem or not.
anyone has different soundcloud CLIENT_ID & CLIENT_SECRET?

I have changed the settings.xml manually (added my uid and pwd), but somehow the addon clears the uid and pwd entry in settings.xml.

does somebody know how to get by this??
Same here using Rpi3 Model B, LibreElec 8.21, Kodi Krypton 17.6, all updated. First time ever tried to insert my user credentials for Soundcloud and bromix 2.06 addon keeps rejecting them claiming "invalid_grant". Please fix this, whether it's Soundcloud or bromix to cause the issue.
Yo, any progress? Using Kodi with nVidia Shield TV here, same problem. invalid_grant.
Authentication and search seem to be broken on the bromix kodi soundcloud plugin. I took a look at the code and was able to (mostly) fix search, but auth is still posing some problems. I just disabled the prompt for the user to login. The master branch of my git repo has those changes: https://github.com/ukigumoh/plugin.audio.soundcloud

Pretty much you can browse and search tracks/artists/playlists.
Authentication and search seem to be broken on the bromix kodi soundcloud plugin. I took a look at the code and was able to (mostly) fix search, but auth is still posing some problems. I just disabled the prompt for the user to login. The master branch of my git repo has those changes: https://github.com/ukigumoh/plugin.audio.soundcloud

As far as I understand, your solution is to use SoundCloud plugin without authentication?
If I'm wrong, could you please tell us best practice for implementing the solution from Git?
i can get the app to work ... but as soon i tried to log in it didnt worked anymore... aint nobody working on this?
hopefully a moderator can forward this on to a support technician. it seems as if the creator of this SoundCloud app "bromix" has been unreachable for quite some time and any hopes of him responding are unrealistic. this application uses client_id "40ccfee680a844780a41fbe23ea89934". is it possible for a support technician to verify if all requirements on the associated account or application are satisfactory to continue using the API using client_id "40ccfee680a844780a41fbe23ea89934" ? it is possible that the creator of the SoundCloud app has not logged into SoundCloud in a very long time and has not accepted any recent EULAs, etc. that might be necessary to continue using the API for this app.

the community using this SoundCloud app is very large and seeing as the creator and developer of our add-on has seemingly abandoned the project without leaving recourse for recovering the SoundCloud app for future development, we are hoping that SoundCloud can work with us as a community to help keep our add-on alive.

some details around our add-on and how we are using the SoundCloud API:

Our API wrapper is written in Python, it is custom coded.
Our API wrapper provides the following context to the /oauth2/token endpoint using POST multipart form-data parameters:

client_id=40ccfee680a844780a41fbe23ea89934
client_secret=26a5240f7ee0ee2d4fa9956ed80616c2
grant_type=password
username=USERNAME
password=PASSWORD
scope=non-expiring

Our wrapper cannot use the /connect endpoint as we do not have a viable web-browser available to display the credentials page. Our add-on is client side only and does not have a web-service to recover or store authorization codes.
Same problem..

I went out of my way to create an account here to say thanks!
All I needed was search.
I found it funny how you riddled the code with 'pass'. Whatever works :P

BTW, in case others aren't too familiar with the process. (I have the FireStick TV):

1) Go to @ukigumo's link on github
2) Download the files using the Clone button (it will be a zip file)
3) Extract contents
4) FTP to device with Kodi, (I used ES File Explorer->Remote Manager to set an FTP server)
5) Navigate to "/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.soundcloud"
6) Delete all the files inside
7) Back at computer, drag the contents of extracted folder "plugin.audio.soundcloud-master" into the remote, now empty, "plugin.audio.soundcloud" folder
😎 Launch Kodi and run the SoundCloud plugin, no need to reinstall.

Keep in mind his current fix is just for getting Search to work.
The 'pass's were left over from the original plugin. I rip em out whenever I'm working near them.

I second lwrcase - if we can get some more info on the client secret/id or have a new one issued that'd be great. Until then I don't know how much I can do about the auth being broken 😕
Any progress here? Can one help?
[h4]@miscmusic[/h4]
Thanks for the steps to install. I can confirm I can at least search now.