Question

Cannot login on soundcloud with facebook

• 24 September 2017
  • 14 replies

A week ago I tried to login on soundcloud with facebook like I have done for years and suddenly I cannot access my account because when I clink the facebook button, it does exactly nothing.

It happened after I cleared my browser history and coookies and stuff like that, but I don't know if that is the reason.
I cannot find a way to fix it other than to login in through the helpcommunity or incognito tab.

Does anybody know how to fix this? It's very frustrating to not be able to get to your own account!

Thanks in advance for the people trying to help me!

14 replies

Userlevel 1
Hey, I had/ still have the same problem, but somehow it lets me log in via facebook through Soundcloud community page and after that you are automatically logged in your regular Soundcloud account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm - odd! Can you look into your facebook settings and see if you've accidentally blocked SoundCloud? (under "Blocking" and "Apps") https://www.facebook.com/settings
Hey, I had/ still have the same problem, but somehow it lets me log in via facebook through Soundcloud community page and after that you are automatically logged in your regular Soundcloud account.

Hey, ye that is how I'm getting in now indeed, but that's ofcourse not how it should be and way more complicated haha. Thanks for the reply though!
Hi there,

Hmm - odd! Can you look into your facebook settings and see if you've accidentally blocked SoundCloud? (under "Blocking" and "Apps") https://www.facebook.com/settings

Hi, thought of that one too, but I haven't blocked it. So no solution unfortunately. But thanks for the reply 🙂
Hi, I have the same problem here, anyone found the solution?

Thanks
Sorry Save_Marke, didn't find a solution. It just resolved itself after signing in the hard way for a long time. 😕 Good luck with it

This seems to be the only fix.

This issue is not specific to Soundcloud. I've experienced this with several other apps with Facebook-enabled logins.
@Kasparas Thanks. That was a life saver. Seems to be the only way even now
I just had this same problem after clearing cookies. I literally just tried your solution and it worked! Very screwy.

I hope we find out why this is happening.
Ok so I was having this same problem and SoundCloud let me sign up with my Facebook to make a community account so then I went to the actual app and for some reason it just magically worked. Maybe SoundCloud and Facebook realized my account and it worked?
I also had this Problem.

I noticed the redirection through kaspersky my securitysoftware.
When I'm turning kaspersky off the login with facebook works for me again.

I tested a little bit around and for me the login starts when iam taking soundcloud to the Good sites in data collection.

regards
I just had this issue and its been driving me crazy for motnhs... I could only use soundcloud from my phone.
I whitelisted soundcloaud everywhere and still the facebook/google buttons wouldn't work, as if they were no buttons.

Now I tried to click on reply here to add a comment, and it took me to the forum login, now I'm logged in on the main site!.

I think i've had this issue for about 6-7 months... finally...
Now I tried to click on reply here to add a comment, and it took me to the forum login, now I'm logged in on the main site!.

I think i've had this issue for about 6-7 months... finally...

Does is not bother you that you have to use this workaround instead of directly logging into soundcloud?
I had the same problem, apparently by logging in through here(community) I discovered that there were terms to agree to after I hit agree I downloaded the app again and signed in successfully through FB