Question

Cannot rename SoundCloud playlist

• 5 March 2015
  • 4 replies

When I try to rename any of my SoundCloud playlists, I go into the playlist editing page, change the name and click "Save", but the name of the playlist does not change. When I try to change the URL of the playlist underneath the name field, no matter what I type, it tells me that the URL is taken. Any ideas why this could be?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there BXD WNE,

Sorry to hear you're having troubles with this. Hmm, let's see - I'd actually start on the good old "basic troubleshooting" steps to either solve of isolate the issue further.

You can find them outlined here.

Can you give these a try and let us know how it went? If this needs further investigation, please send over the name and link of one of your playlists as well as the name you want to change this into.

Cheers
Mathis
I tried using a different browser to rename the playlists and it worked for some reason, thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I tried using a different browser to rename the playlists and it worked for some reason, thanks!
Awesome, glad to hear that! One thing that I could image for this to be blocked in your regular browser are extensions (AdBlock, HTTPS Everywhere, etc.) - maybe check this and also clear your cache & cookies to give your browser a fresh start. :-)

Cheers
Mathis

I tried using a different browser to rename the playlists and it worked for some reason, thanks!Awesome, glad to hear that! One thing that I could image for this to be blocked in your regular browser are extensions (AdBlock, HTTPS Everywhere, etc.) - maybe check this and also clear your cache & cookies to give your browser a fresh start. :-)

Cheers
Mathis

It doesn’t work yet in iOS version... Is there a solution?