Question

Desktop and Amazon Fire app used to sync but not anymore. Please help.

• 28 September 2015
  • 3 replies

I have the desktop app and the Amazon Fire app and up until a month ago they both synced perfectly. I never needed to sign in/out, none of that. Unfortunately now they are not syncing. I have tried the signing in and out but they don't. I have not changed any settings. But I could not find any specific settings relating to sync on either website settings or app settings. As I wasn't aware of this, I now have ended up with the same playlist with different tracks (i kept adding tracks to both not knowing they weren't syncing) on both devices. The first 20-30 songs are synced and the rest 30-40 are all different on both desktop and app. Please help!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

Are you sure you have not created a duplicate account? Also, try giving the app a reinstall.

-Gina
yup no duplicate accounts. I cannot even find "sync" options in either the desktop or in my amazon kindle soundcloud app setting. Where do i look? I am afraid to do a reinstall as I might lose the 20 or more songs that only added to my soundcloud app playlist?? would this happen? Like I had mentioned i have almost 20-30 songs that only got added to either playlist depending on where I was adding them from and they never synced 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I would recommend transferring the files from your device over to your computer as you should always have a back up. However if you have never triggered a sync by uninstalling then yes, I would go ahead and uninstall.

-Gina