Question

Disappearing comments

When I write comments on my students' tracks, sometimes my comments show for a second and then disappear. Sometimes they are there, but when I check the track again, they disappear, only to reappear later. What is going on? Sometimes I am not sure my students are receiving my comments.

29 replies

I made a video that shows some of the disappearances. The video shows I made 3 comments, but there are many more. And then when I refresh the track, they are all gone: http://youtu.be/WywgFoBQ2ew
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting on our help forum and for providing the screencast straight away - that's super helpful! I've just tried to reproduce the issue, however was not able to.

Thus, can I ask if you've tried any troubleshooting steps yet? If not so, please try the steps outlined here first. This will help to either solve, or to isolate the issue further.

Please let us know if this helps, or if we need to investigate further.

Cheers
Mathis
Thanks for the reply. I use Chrome, so my Flash is always updated. I had tried commenting using Firefox with the same results.
I also tried commenting with another account, but I had the same problem.
Also, if I try to reply to a comment, after hitting "Enter" nothing happens.
I will try another computer later today.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey Anthony,

Thanks for checking, yes please do let us know how that goes.

Best,
Gina

I confirmed I have the same problem on multiple computers and multiple accounts. My colleague who uses SoundCloud for the same purposes also has the same problem.

I also created a brand new account and still have the same trouble. I commented on my own track and, while it said I had a comment, it did not show. I commented on a random track on SC and the comment stayed until I refreshed it.

I am experiencing the same issue, I add comments and they disappear after a split second, never show up again. Tried this on Chrome and Firefox, same behavior on both.

That sucks, but I am happy it's not just me. SoundCloud....please fix this!
Userlevel 1
Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting on our help forum and for providing the screencast straight away - that's super helpful! I've just tried to reproduce the issue, however was not able to.

Thus, can I ask if you've tried any troubleshooting steps yet? If not so, please try the steps outlined here first. This will help to either solve, or to isolate the issue further.

Cheers
Mathis

I posted a problem three days ago.. no response https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/likes-differing-between-stats-and-my-profile
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Anthony,

Cheers
Mathis

Hi Hippy,

Thanks for checking up on this, we got to your post!

Cheers,
Gina

I have recently discovered that if I open the track from the playlist in a new tab, comments stick.
I have this exaclty same issue. Is there any solution? Please anyone?
I have this exact same problem, is there a solution ?
I just started having this problem too, any help would be greatly appreciated
Userlevel 4
Badge
Yes, me too. Whatever was happening years ago is happening again.

Based on my history, you guys know I've tested thoroughly on my end.

Just wanted to raise more awareness!

Thanks,
Matt
I just started to have this problem: Type in a comment. It shows up. Spawn a new window with the same page. The comment is gone.
Now it works for me, - and I have two comments.
When you Buy SoundCloud Comments, you are assured that you will get instant success.
http://veslonyc.com/p/buy-soundcloud-comments-4/
having this issue in 2018 whats up with this??
Yeah, I can't comment right now. It's not my internet that's making the problem too! What's up with this?
When you Buy SoundCloud Comments, you are assured that you will get instant success.
http://veslonyc.com/p/buy-soundcloud-comments-4/

That's not gonna help.
I am also having this problem. I am not sure what to do to fix it.
happening to me and friends....comments not showing but it say the correct number of comments but they not appearing. even checked after signed out to check publicly
This happens to me as well. I've noticed it over the last year or two when I leave detailed comments on a health talk radio show I enjoy. The comments usually appear fine when I enter them, but checking back later sometimes some of the comments are missing. And I think I've seen where the comments would occasionally reappear. Here is the latest example of missing comments; I made 6, but only 2 are showing up - https://soundcloud.com/oneradionetwork/essential-oils-for-heath-august-7-2018