Question

Do something to defend your users and your own policy.

• 26 September 2016
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 2
Out of all the things we have to tolerate, "MadnessDeals.com" is by far the worst. I blocked 8 of them today. There are others but Madnessdeals.com does everything outside community standards. They continually use a fake account bot system to "like" tracks without playing them which makes our stats inaccurate. They constantly do this with every upload. Usually 3 hits per track. This is spamming. Soundcloud may be closing these bogus accounts but they just keep coming. Soundcloud should take more action on the behalf of their users. It is obvious that "MadnessDeals.com" has no reservations in spamming and harrassing Soundcloud users. They have reached a point to where their harrassment is blatant. They are clearly aware of Soundcloud's policy and still continue to (increasingly) violate it.
Soundcloud should have taken further steps by now to fix this ever increasing problem. MadnessDeals.com does not share their location or contact info publicly but a quick domain search shows they operate out of the Netherlands. If they are an actual legitimate company legal action should be taken. Soundcloud needs to stand up for their users.

15 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hopefully Mathis can give an update on what is happening. i didn't have these fake problems since some time, but when it happened last July it was indeed quite annoying. So hopefully it can be fixed asap.
Is this what's been happening? It's been so frustrating. I've been receiving likes AND follows from fake accounts for the past 2 weeks and have been having to remove them manually. It's taking so much time. Any way to filter out accounts with less than a certain amount of followers?
Userlevel 2
I am new to this and stupidly got sucked in. Now i have over 5,000 plays and only a few likes, some of which are legitimate but it looks like a lot of people have listened and with few likes would put ppl off even listening... How can I amend the stats to reflect my real stats :(
There are several accounts with these 3 tracks posted in this order.. They are liking and following soundcloud users to target and spot future uploads that will get spammed by the next wave of ad accounts.

madnessdeals and glorifyrecords keep proliferating with new accounts... It's pretty annoying. I get 5 or 6 fake comments and adds every time I post a new track. Block account doesn't do any good if they can just keep creating new ones.
Userlevel 2
I'm still being bombarded with every upload, despite the new report button. I understand soundcloud defines spamming as one account does something repeatedly to another. Each solicitor hits me only once BUT They all hit me at once. It's a loop hole because technically it doesn't violate the community rules. I wouldn't even care if they simply subscribe and I block them, but they all click "like". Blocking only removes the "like" if I block them the moment after they do it. And that doesn't always remove the "like" either.
These solicitors want to use everyones account to be seen. A "like" puts them in view on our accounts. If enough of them hit me (or other users) at least one or two of those "likes" will stick. THIS IS WHAT YOUR USERS DEFINE AS SPAMMING. I'm not yelling I just want whomever reads this to know exactly what many are complaing about. These "likes" are fake as well because they show up without any "plays". It messes up stat accuracy and it makes it look like we paid for the "like" to our audience. Give us the option to remove these likes. The option that we do have is not working. Again to make this easy to understand. Reporting or Blocking does not always remove the fake "likes" It's very rare if it does so.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for flagging. I can understand your frustration over this and have forwarded this page to our Trust & Safety team.
Userlevel 2
I've been asked once or twice on sign-in to verify I'm not a bot. If it gets rid of MadnessDeals.com I would accept the bot check on every login with no complaints.
Userlevel 2
This has been the worst year so far. Since I joined it has never been this bad.
I am new to this and stupidly got sucked in. Now i have over 5,000 plays and only a few likes, some of which are legitimate but it looks like a lot of people have listened and with few likes would put ppl off even listening... How can I amend the stats to reflect my real stats 😞
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
I am new to this and stupidly got sucked in. Now i have over 5,000 plays and only a few likes, some of which are legitimate but it looks like a lot of people have listened and with few likes would put ppl off even listening... How can I amend the stats to reflect my real stats :(
block the fakers - post some of their acocunts so other people can weigh in.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
hear hear!
Userlevel 2
I am also collecting over 800 fake accounts used for another scam "fewplays.com"
Userlevel 2
Currently collecting a block list of over 800 bogus accounts used by Fewplays.com...
I will soon post screenshots of the list once I've confirrmed accuracy. I will not post photos of legitimate accounts.
Userlevel 2
SoundCloud has a NEW report button with a response team reviewing all reports. You can see this NEW report button in the screenshot below.

Userlevel 2
Not yer...unfortunately. When you block them you have the option to also check a "report spamming" box. That sometimes gets them but it's still a one at a time process. That's why the forum needs more people to speak up. If Soundcloud would do something we wouldn't jave to go through all this.