Question

doubles on search

• 22 March 2016
  • 6 replies

When i search for a string, i get doubles of the same track in my result window. Can you fix this please, It is there since the last time there was a new software release.

Also when i start typing a search, soundcloud can not keep up with what i am typing in the input box.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

Is this a search that you are performing in the Search field on top of your Stream? Could you please send me a screenshot of the results you are getting? Also, is this happening in all browsers.

-Gina
yes it's on the searchfield on top of the stream

I've noticed that it only happens in chrome browser.

See screenshot (UCB3)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again,

Hmm, super odd - I wasn't able to reproduce the issue from here. Are you up to the most current version of your Chrome browser? Also, what operating system are you using? The only search term you used was "imaging"?
Yes, I'm on the newest update of chrome, and the search term was "imaging"

Yesterday, i used soundcloud on a different computer with a different browser (=internet explorer), and guess what, i got the same problem. So i think that the problem must be on the server side.

See screenshot

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Yes, I'm on the newest update of chrome, and the search term was "imaging"

Yesterday, i used soundcloud on a different computer with a different browser (=internet explorer), and guess what, i got the same problem. So i think that the problem must be on the server side.

See screenshot

Hi there,

I had forwarded your query to our engineers, however they were not able to confirm a bug causing this issue. I've again tried to reproduce the issue from my end however failed to get double search results.

If this is still a concern of yours, can you provide exact details as to what setup you're using (operating system, browser, browser extensions), and let us know if you're logged in to your account when performing that search?

Thanks.
Well, it's still a concern to me, and the setup isn't that important. I got it on every pc (and i've got a lot of those), with different browsers (IE and Chrome), with different OS (windows7, windows 8.1).

It's true that those doubles aren't always positioned right after each other. I just choose those examples, because they fitted on one screenshot. I haven't seen them popping up right after each other for a while, but those doubles are still there when i search. So sometimes you have to watch carefull to see those doubles, although they do not appear every time. But i can assure you that i see these on a daily basis.

I always use "imaging", together with the searchcriteria "last day". It's also popping up with other criteria.