Answered

Downloading your own hidden tracks

• 21 July 2017
  • 6 replies

I uploaded a number of tracks years ago and now they are hidden because I'm well over my free account limit. How do I download them again? I just need to download them so that I have them on my computer and don't lose them. There's nothing in sound-cloud's terms of use that says account holders cannot download their own hidden tracks, is there?

You guys should seriously make this an option, I don't see how soundcloud has a right to prevent audio owners from downloading/listening to their OWN tracks even if they are way over the limit, just make it hidden to everyone else, but not the ones who uploaded them as long as they are logged in. At least provide a private download link.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 6 September 2017, 11:54

Hi everyone,

I'm really sorry that you are facing the same issue. As I mentioned above, I was able to make a one time exception for this. One option to sort this out would be to buy into 1 month of Pro Unlimited, download your tracks, and cancel the subscription if you believe you'd rather stay on a free account.

@SeizeTheBeat, @The DeviantKitty Experience & @909 each of you has now 5 days to download your tracks.

Closing this topic now.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

I've looked into this for you and was able to make a one time exception here - you now have 5 days to go ahead and download all of your tracks. Your feedback will be forwarded to the relevant team, too. :)

Cheers
Mathis
Hi there,

I've looked into this for you and was able to make a one time exception here - you now have 5 days to go ahead and download all of your tracks. Your feedback will be forwarded to the relevant team, too. :)

Cheers
Mathis

Why isn't this allowed by default? I have the same issue 😞
I having the same issue I need to be able to download my Tracks how do i go about this Please.

Thank you
Shayna S.
Hi,
We are in the same position. Could an exception be made so we can also download our tracks, for our own purposes? Thank you for your understanding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

I'm really sorry that you are facing the same issue. As I mentioned above, I was able to make a one time exception for this. One option to sort this out would be to buy into 1 month of Pro Unlimited, download your tracks, and cancel the subscription if you believe you'd rather stay on a free account.

@SeizeTheBeat, @The DeviantKitty Experience & @909 each of you has now 5 days to download your tracks.

Closing this topic now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
P.S.: Easiest way to download your tracks will be to go to your "tracks" page here: https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks - scroll over the track you want to download, click on the pen icon, then download the original file.

Alternatively, you might be able to make use of this 3rd party app (not developed by SoundCloud, hence we won't be able to provide support for it).

All the best to each one of you :)

Cheers
Mathis