Question

"error" modals stack up in desktop browser on right hand side

• 1 December 2014
  • 3 replies

when tracks in the stream or playlist won't play for whatever reason, the "error" modals keep stacking up in the right hand side of the browser.

really it's just bad UX and and annoying, cause they all have to be individually closed to access the dropdown menu in your user profile. It's not important to know that multiple tracks couldn't play - the error messages should just disappear.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. I understand your point - may I ask you to provide further details about this? I mean, ideally, the tracks would play properly so the error message wouldn't be shown in the first place.

Can you make sure to try and see if you can improve things by applying the maintenance steps outlined in this conversation?

If these error messages continue to show, can you send over a screenshot and also details for which tracks this is the case?

Cheers,
Mathis
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. I understand your point - may I ask you to provide further details about this? I mean, ideally, the tracks would play properly so the error message wouldn't be shown in the first place.

Can you make sure to try and see if you can improve things by applying the maintenance steps outlined in this conversation?

If these error messages continue to show, can you send over a screenshot and also details for which tracks this is the case?

Cheers,
Mathis

hey mathis, here's a screenshot from the right hand side of the screen when this happened.

it's not really worth specifying which tracks show this message cause a bunch of them do intermittently. I checked out the "maintenance steps" but I don't think it's cause of any of those things.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Cheers,
Mathis

Hi jaames,

Thanks for sending this over. The intention to ask for links to a track or two of the ones that are giving you this error message was to try and see if I can reproduce the issue from over here, i.e. to investigate the root cause to this. If you have done the troubleshooting steps and that didn't help, then this leaves a) the tracks themselves and b) our system as causes.

We'll keep an eye out and have our developers take a look into this, but if you find the time, maybe you can send over a link to one of those tracks ;-)

Cheers,
Mathis