Question

"Follow-to-download" not working

• 14 September 2015
  • 4 replies

Ok, the past couple days I have been trying to download some songs off of Future - EDM's soundcloud, I would go through the whole "artistintelligence.agency" gate that has you link your account and then "follow" the artist that created the song in order to get the free download.(I know I can go about downloading soundcloud music through apps like sounddrain but I like to get the higher bit-rate tracks when available)

2 days ago I was trying this and made it to the download link but every time I clicked it the download was an unknown file type titled "-8kpaw70xzrqnn84" or "-pve8ez4zwehlnmz", just random alpha-numeric names. Didn't trust the file enough to explore it, but I know that's not supposed to be happening.

Tried again today, now I can't even get to the download link. I find a song I want to download, click the "Free/Limited Download" link below the song, then at the artistintelligence gate I click "Follow Now" button and it takes me to a page that says nothing but "Whoops, looks like something went wrong."

I tried clearing my browsing data like cookies and all that to try and get a fresh attempt at the process, and after putting in my account info, clicking follow, then clicking download link it actually worked.... Once. Then the next attempt resulted in the unknown file type, then the next attempt resulted in the "Whoops" error page. So maybe it has something to do with my account specifically, or the auto-login is throwing it off?

Win 7 Home Premium
Google Chrome v45.0.2454.85 m

Anybody have a clue what could be going on here? What to do? Who to talk to?

4 replies

I can't speak for the file not downloading at all, but if you can download the -giberish file, I was able to get the actual media file I wanted.

(For reference, I was able to get the gibberish file using Google Chrome Version 45.0.2454.99 m (64-bit), on Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1)

Open the gibberish file with a text editor, on line 7 you'll find a link to mediafire.com, follow that link and trust the green download button. It should download the media file you were looking for.

Probably just a problem with how they've configured the download link, but I don't know enough to speculate beyond that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

Sorry but the follow to download service is not developed or supported by SoundCloud, if it's not working properly then you will need to follow up with their support services.

-Gina
Yea, I figured that was the case, but how would I do that? They hardly offer any information on their website and from what I can tell there is no support options.
I can't speak for the file not downloading at all, but if you can download the -giberish file, I was able to get the actual media file I wanted.

(For reference, I was able to get the gibberish file using Google Chrome Version 45.0.2454.99 m (64-bit), on Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1)

Open the gibberish file with a text editor, on line 7 you'll find a link to mediafire.com, follow that link and trust the green download button. It should download the media file you were looking for.

Probably just a problem with how they've configured the download link, but I don't know enough to speculate beyond that.

You're awesome! Obviously artistintelligence/mediafire needs to get on it, but you're the only person to have any sort of help in the matter. Very much appreciated! I was really starting to wonder if I was the only one experiencing this, neither of the Soundcloud mods respond after their first message. Thank you thank you thank you. Hopefully more people with this issue find their way here for the workaround.