If the answer to any of these is yes, please check out the main support thread on this issue here: http://bit.ly/2g3XpHc
I asked at least four times for the title of that thread to be changed, without a response, so I created a new one. This problem can occur whether or not you are scrolled "well back" in your feed - it has more to do with how many people you follow and how much data is in your stream. Also, it is not actually limited to the "Stream". This can occur on any SoundCloud page.
Please post here or preferably, in the main thread I linked above.
Useful information for us:
- How many accounts do you follow? (Not people that follow you - the accounts you are following.)
- How far "back" on the page (in hours, or days) are you when the problem happens?
- When experiencing the error, without reloading the page, do tracks play instantly if opened each in a separate tab?
For the technically inclined:
- Does your problem happen in an incognito window (Chrome), "Safe Mode" (Firefox), InPrivate (Edge)?
- When this problem happens, do you see timeouts in the console? (F12, Set error monitoring to "Verbose" or "All")
- Screenshots of the timeouts would be very helpful.
SoundCloud's official stance at this time:
- We follow too many accounts and should clear up clutter. (Their limit is set for stability. Ironic, no?)
- We have "too much data" in our streams. (Again, their limits, their responsibility for data flow.)
- Our browsers and/or computers cannot handle SoundCloud.
SoundCloud Developer official stance at this time:
- There was a fix attempted three to four days ago (see original support thread.)
- The fix did not work.
- Sep 8 they acknowledge the problem still exists and it is "in their issue tracker" (http://bit.ly/2vRZKvY)
Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much,