Question

Help

• 23 February 2015
  • 4 replies

So merging topics in order to ignore the problem users are facing is now acceptable?

Without even reading the problem description, you tell me to try the basic troubleshooting steps, which I already have tried. Just read the post I made, before you merge it.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Now we're talking.

1) Dell PC, Windows 7 SP1
2)
Chrome's latest version;
IE11 latest;
Firefox latest. (I always let them update)
3) I don't have any extensions.
4) Yea, the start of this week and the end of the last one. Started in the weekend.
5) No, there haven't. It's the same old 200Mb/s

Hi Janes,

Thank you for providing these details. Hmm, let's see - if you're saying you've
  • Updated Flash to the most recent version
  • Cleared your cache and cookies
  • Tested different browsers
  • Don't have any extensions (or add-ons, or plugins - every browser seems to be using different terms for this these days - what we're referring to are things like AdBlock, HTTPS Everywhere, ZenMate and the likes)
  • Haven't got any Firewall or Antivirus software installed that might be getting in the way
... then this gets significantly more difficult to troubleshoot to be honest. But let's see...
  • Are you behind a VPN or Proxy server?
  • Have you tried your browsers' private mode (for instance, Chrome's incognito mode)?
  • You mentioned you are running a Dell-PC (Laptop, or desktop PC?) - could you test a different network just to be sure this is not that what's causing the issue? If it is a laptop, you might be able to test a friend's connection. If it is a desktop PC, you might still be able to test (given it has Wi-Fi) via your phone's tethering/hotspot functionality.
  • Last but not least, if possible, try to restart your network router. Sounds weird, but I've had this with other internet connection issues and this was what did the trick for me after all...
I really hope any of these steps bring us further to the root cause of this. Let me know how it goes.

Cheers
Mathis
Now we're talking.

2)
Chrome's latest version;
IE11 latest;
4) Yea, the start of this week and the end of the last one. Started in the weekend.

Yes, I'm saying all that.

1. Not behind a VPN or Proxy server thingy
2. Yes.
3. Maybe it's my account?
4. Been there, done that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Janes,

I am very sorry my merging of your question caused you to feel ignored. The problem you described is common enough that normally those basic troubleshooting steps solve it. Clearly this did not work for you. I'd like to try and reproduce the issue to narrow the possibilities of where the issue is originating.

Please, tell me some more information:
-What computer and OS are you on?
-What version of Chrome, IE, and FF are you running?
-Please send over a screenshot or list of all extensions you have on each of these browsers
-When you say "recently" do you mean this week or month etc?
-Has there been any recent change to your internet network?

Sorry to bombard you with so many questions but to find out what is causing the problem, I need to try to recreate you environment as closely as possible to see if I get the same pausing.

Thank you for your patience Janes and again, apologies that the conversation I merged you to did not help.

Best,
Gina
Now we're talking.

2)
Chrome's latest version;
IE11 latest;