Answered

How can I find only tracks with a specific tag?

• 22 September 2015
  • 7 replies

I would like to search for certain tags, but I only want to see results with that tag. The specific tag that I was searching for this time was '#Rhythm Heaven', but that returned few relevant results, and those results weren't even at the top of the list. (See https://soundcloud.com/tags/Rhythm%20Heaven)
If there are no tracks with a given tag, I would like to be notified that my search returned no results. Is there currently any way that I can search for tracks in this manner?
icon

Best answer by Gina 22 September 2015, 08:55

Hi Leo,

There is no specific tag search function however when you search and the filter the search by tag only then I see #Rhythm Heaven comes up as the 3rd result. The reason for this is that the top 2 are far more popular/active profiles.

Hope that helps!

-Gina
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Leo,

There is no specific tag search function however when you search and the filter the search by tag only then I see #Rhythm Heaven comes up as the 3rd result. The reason for this is that the top 2 are far more popular/active profiles.

Hope that helps!

-Gina
Hello Gina,

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but do you by chance know if this search function by tags will ever be implemented? I find it a hassle to discover music that fit my particular tastes if the current search options offer me suggestions with different tags.

Thanks,
Joseph

Hi Leo,

Hope that helps!

-Gina

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but do you by chance know if this search function by tags will ever be implemented?

You can replace the word house in the following url with your intended tag search ---> https://soundcloud.com/tags/house

What type/genre of music are you looking for?
The issue here is that there is no way to sort or filter the results that are displayed. If I search for #chill this way, it shows me the most popular but they're from 3-5 years ago. Not a terrible thing but if I'm looking for new music, chances are these songs may not fit the current genre the greatest (Dubstep now is different from Dubstep 5 years ago). I work as a QA tester for my day job and would love to help implement something like this as I feel the entire community would benefit.
If you search with the /tags endpoint it doesn't just force the "sort by popular", it also excludes many tracks that have that tag, maybe because they don't fit the popular criteria. I tried to implement my own sort tracks by tag by newest, using the api, and there were a lot of tracks that had the tag, but were not returned.
Thanks for the helpful thread for the people like me who have just registered. I am trying to understand how everything is working. Threads like this one are really useful for this=)