Question

How can I link the download button to my facebook page so that people want to downoload have to put a like on my page? Thank so much

• 4 February 2015
  • 4 replies

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi Giulio,

Thanks for visiting the help forums :)

As far as I am aware what you are asking is not possible and, if you don't mind some well intentioned advice, it may not be the best policy to place such a restriction on existing or potential new fans to your music..I know its not a huge thing but some people may not like having to "jump through hoops" as it were to be able to access a free download & also bear in mind that there are those people who, for whatever reason, may not utilise facebook in order to follow their music of choice, soundcloud may well be their chosen method of following the artists they like.

By all means promote your facebook page, put a link to it in the track comments & obviously you can have a permanent link on your profile page underneath your profile description, put it out there as another place to follow you but, personally, I wouldn't force people to have to use facebook in order to get your sounds.

Again, thats not me say you are wrong for wanting to do that, each to their own & all that but I think it may not be the best way to grow your audience. Absolutely no offence intended though, just my own opinion.

Regards

DJ R.I.P
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Giulio,

As far as I am aware what you are asking is not possible and, if you don't mind some well intentioned advice, it may not be the best policy to place such a restriction on existing or potential new fans to your music..I know its not a huge thing but some people may not like having to "jump through hoops" as it were to be able to access a free download & also bear in mind that there are those people who, for whatever reason, may not utilise facebook in order to follow their music of choice, soundcloud may well be their chosen method of following the artists they like.

By all means promote your facebook page, put a link to it in the track comments & obviously you can have a permanent link on your profile page underneath your profile description, put it out there as another place to follow you but, personally, I wouldn't force people to have to use facebook in order to get your sounds.

Again, thats not me say you are wrong for wanting to do that, each to their own & all that but I think it may not be the best way to grow your audience. Absolutely no offence intended though, just my own opinion.

Regards

DJ R.I.P

Hey there,

@raveinpeace - I totally understand where you're coming from, however this is actually something that some artists are actively using.

Please note that this is an integration built by a different company though, so we won't be able to fully support this. I believe the info how to set this up can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/Liketodownload

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mathis
Userlevel 6
Hi Giulio,

Regards

DJ R.I.P

Fair enough Mathis :)

Not something I'd come across in all honesty, I'm still not sold on the idea personally but each to their own. If others use it & it works for them, fair play 🙂
Userlevel 5
Hi Giulio,

Regards

DJ R.I.P

Mathis,
Regarding the link that you posted- is this what seems to be the most common used app for the purpose, and what seems to be the best working one? I mean I know you guys don't support that, but from your knowledge, is that the most commonly used one?
I also know where dj RaveInPeace is coming from, also had no facebook for a long time, but maan... If you want exposure its almost a must. Its almost like people expect you to have a facebook page. Not that I've done it yet lol
Thanks.
IK