Question

How do I change the "Play similar songs to [song name]" options when I advertise my songs on Facebook?

• 20 October 2014
  • 14 replies

Hi guys, long time poster, first time questioner.

Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to change the pop ups of similar songs by the same artist that pop up on an external link?

The options I find on my own computer given to me (whenever I post my own songs on to Facebook), are of my first ever songs that I made, and I'd like to be able to select what I want advertised for people to click on.

Is there a way I can do this on a free account?

Is there even an option to change these song "advertisements" within a payed account??

I am willing to pay for an account for this feature, but would need to be told that I need to do so first.

Thanks for any help.

Kindest regards,

Matthew Gear.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for posting. The tracks you are referring to tie in with our recommended tracks feature. They are selected by an algorithm that returns recommendations through a network of relations and interactions on SoundCloud (for example a user liked a track, a user followed another user, a track is reposted etc.). The recommendations for a track can be both directly or indirectly related to tracks in this network.

Currently, there's not a way to remove recommended tracks from your individual sound's page. Our developers are working on ways to improve the related sounds feature though. I will go ahead and forward your concern about recommended tracks for our engineers to consider.

Cheers,
Mathis
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for posting. The tracks you are referring to tie in with our recommended tracks feature. They are selected by an algorithm that returns recommendations through a network of relations and interactions on SoundCloud (for example a user liked a track, a user followed another user, a track is reposted etc.). The recommendations for a track can be both directly or indirectly related to tracks in this network.

Currently, there's not a way to remove recommended tracks from your individual sound's page. Our developers are working on ways to improve the related sounds feature though. I will go ahead and forward your concern about recommended tracks for our engineers to consider.

Cheers,
Mathis

Thanks for the professional and quick response, hope to see a change to the level of control we can set for our recommendations.
Hi Matthew,

Cheers,
Mathis

i thinks there is a issue to change, my musics its triggering THE SAME "recommended" track since almost years... i think each play in my tracks reinforce the "similarity" in or by the algorithm. the facts is there is any similarity... just a common regional zone. i hope there u can make a fix for that... just a variation in the suggested track could be ok... but the same its a shame, and also induct missundertoods or confusion in the audience. thx in advance!
Hi Matthew,

Cheers,
Mathis

I'm tired of hearing this rooster piece after every one of my tracks plays. So are those who tune in to hear my tracks. They didn't come on to hear someone else. Why wouldn't soundcloud just play another of my own tracks on automatic?? Why is it taking my listener to someone else's music? I was under the impression that Soundcloud was here to help me promote my music. I must be wrong as they are actually steering people AWAY from my page.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Matthew,

Cheers,
Mathis

Hi KeyWestCR2013,

Sorry you got the wrong impression here. I do understand your point and we have received feedback around the recommended tracks feature, and our product team is currently looking into ways to improve this (as mentioned before).

In the meantime, I suggest adding your tracks to groups, following people whose music you enjoy and leaving genuine comments on their tracks. All three of these things can lead people back to your profile and if they enjoy your music they will add and leave comments for you as well!
Additionally, here is a great guide for how to use SoundCloud to your advantage: http://on.soundcloud.com/creator-guide

Cheers,
Mathis
Hi Matthew,

Cheers,
Mathis

Thank you.

I think it is very important for the Soundcloud to make it "correct" way for the artist. If somebody is playing my tracks, he want to hear more of me. Nor some absolutely different-music stuff I add to favourite before.

My friend Andrea was absolutely confused about it and did not understand what is happening. I must explain to her...

Thanks for working on that!
goood luck
Dalibor Neuwirt
Hi Matthew,

Cheers,
Mathis

+1 on this feature request.
+1 (can't we clean html code for embed to avoid this problem ?)
Hi Matthew,

Cheers,
Mathis

I totally agree with that fact, If somebody is playing my tracks, he want to hear more of me. Please, soundcloud team give us the default option to do that : Why wouldn't soundcloud just play another of my own tracks on automatic ??
Hi Matthew,

Cheers,
Mathis

Yes! The recommended tracks linked to my songs are not related at all. Others are manipulating the feature to put their spam-songs all over artists pages. Fix it! It is too embarrassing to share using your current setup.
Any news on this? Is there any way to change the similar tracks so as tracks that I have liked do not appear on my page?
2 Years and still no fix on it??
For Giod sake,

I share a track of https://soundcloud.com/waffa/114-surah-an-nas-mankind that is arabic and english religious Quaraan clip and thenafter that comes one and the same techno music, not even remotelly related to the music on my profile or to the track, and it starts auto play all the time.

This is like assasination, terrible mistake, please fix it!

How is that even possible to have this kind of mistake in it, there is no algorytm in world, that would relate to it, unless You algorythm try to find something most unrelated and opposite, to what was play'd, but why would someone do that after first play??

It is worth a investigation, who holds key's on this. Maybe it is targeted against some users and their material, it is possible.
Hi guys, long time poster, first time questioner.

Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to change the pop ups of similar songs by the same artist that pop up on an external link?

The options I find on my own computer given to me (whenever I post my own songs on to Facebook), are of my first ever songs that I made, and I'd like to be able to select what I want advertised for people to click on.

Is there a way I can do this on a free account?

Is there even an option to change these song "advertisements" within a payed account??

I am willing to pay for an account for this feature, but would need to be told that I need to do so first.

Thanks for any help.

Kindest regards,

Matthew Gear.
This has been going on too long fix it or I won't be paying a subscribing anymore.I never signed up to Soundcloud for other peoples songs to play on my site.Personally I don't think you want to fix something you probably created in the first place,possibly to generate more revenue for Soundcloud somehow.I can't even find a Tel.no. or an email address to complain about this.Come out of your closet an face up to your paying customers.