Question

How do I copy a playlist?

Userlevel 2
I posted this once before and never got a response as far as I can see. I was told that it was merged with another topic, but I could never find a response to this.

Is there a way to copy a playlist? It would save so much time in creating new playlists.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi ewiman,

Sorry if no one got back to your first query about this, or if it was merged and you still don't feel this response is properly answered. At this point, there is no option to copy a playlist - sorry. May I ask what would be your biggest advantage of copying playlists including the same tracks? This way, I can best forward your feedback to the relevant product team.

Apart from that, I'd encourage you to check upon this conversation (more precisely, the original announcement on it) to learn how to best forward feature requests to us at this point.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 2
Thanks for getting back to me, Mathis.

The reason I would find this so useful is that I frequently find myself creating playlists for specific people which will have one or two songs that are different from the original playlist. So rather than creating a new playlist with all those songs, I would simply create a copy with a new name and tweak it to suit my situation.
ewiman wrote:

The reason I would find this so useful is that I frequently find myself creating playlists for specific people which will have one or two songs that are different from the original playlist. So rather than creating a new playlist with all those songs, I would simply create a copy with a new name and tweak it to suit my situation.

Hi Ewiman,

Makes sense, please do take a second and request it on that link Mathis sent you.

Take care!
Gina
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
ewiman wrote:

Hi Ewiman,

Makes sense, please do take a second and request it on that link Mathis sent you.

Take care!
Gina
Userlevel 1
ewiman wrote:

I would love to be able to duplicate/copy playlists as well.

In my case, I have a private album on a playlist with all descriptions, tracks, and tags set up already. I want to be able to make it public, then have the displayed date correspond to when it was made public, not when I first started preparing it. It's pretty important it reflect my intended release date, and as it's set up now, instead of just one easy click, I'll have to spend a ton of time re-creating the whole thing.

We're not able to edit the upload date, and we're not able to duplicate playlists, so as far as I can tell there's no other work-around other than manually re-creating the whole thing.

Please let me know if there's another solution! Thanks 🙂
ewiman wrote:

This would be a good feature for copying say a workout playlist someone made and being able to modify it. I'm amazed this isn't a feature yet.
Yes very sad this still isnt possible!

Really need it..
it sais it solved but that means that It's just not possible?
I think Soundcloud should implement this feature VERY soon. It would be very helpful and less time consuming
Hey! I am here for this! Please! Any way to duplicate a playlist or select multiple songs to add at once. The majority of my playlists will have 3 variations where just copying the base playlist and adding/removing content would take this from taking 30 minutes clicking through one song at a time to taking just a few seconds.
I didnt know that this could be done, if someone knows how to do it, please tell us.
I was looking for this functionality as well and decided to write a little script to help me out. For anyone with a little programming knowledge you can tweak this script to your needs and run it through your console: https://gist.github.com/Thomasvdam/3208bd212ce71dd0bf66db52ac6e9ac8

Be aware that while this works now, even small changes in the SoundCloud site can break the functionality so it's not guaranteed to work in the future. 🙂

"I would love to be able to duplicate/copy playlists as well.

In my case, I have a private album on a playlist with all descriptions, tracks, and tags set up already. I want to be able to make it public, then have the displayed date correspond to when it was made public, not when I first started preparing it. It's pretty important it reflect my intended release date, and as it's set up now, instead of just one easy click, I'll have to spend a ton of time re-creating the whole thing.

We're not able to edit the upload date, and we're not able to duplicate playlists, so as far as I can tell there's no other work-around other than manually re-creating the whole thing.

Please let me know if there's another solution! Thanks :)"

This is exactly why I came on to this page! I think a fairly easy solution SoundCloud could implement could be adding a "add to playlist" option in the pull down menu, the same way the option is available for tracks.
Just an idea!
SoundCloud does not care about feature requests from users. There are all kinds of things they could do better – things I'd pay for – and they don't give a crap. Good product but worst customer service anywhere.