Question

How do I delete a notification?

I am having trouble on finding out how to delete a notification. I am worried that this will become clutters and do not want to deal with clutter.

33 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi there :)

Thanks for visiting the help forums :)

Could you provide a bit more information on this query please. Which notifications are you referring to?

Regards

DJ R.I.P
I am referring to notifications in general but as you would like specifics; I have commented on songs and have had responses to the comments from the up loaders/producers of the song.
Userlevel 6
Hi there,

I have to be honest that I am still a little unsure as to the exact nature of the issue.

The closest I can think you are referring to is the list of notifications where you can view a chronological stream of who has followed you, liked your tracks, commented on your own tracks, replied to your comments on their tracks or re-posted your sounds or playlists.......in which case there isn't a delete option for that particular list.

I hope that answers your query, but if I am not quite there please let me know.

Regards

DJ R.I.P
Userlevel 1
I thinks it's the same here, every day when I open soundcloud the orange dot is shown and the most recent notification is marked unread. I get notified daily that someone started following me 2 months ago.
Userlevel 1
Yes, I hate that I get the same notification (the orange dot) that somebody liked my track 5 months ago over and over again. Every time I log in the old notification is there. I really wish you Soundcloud would do something about it.
Hi there,

I have to be honest that I am still a little unsure as to the exact nature of the issue.

The closest I can think you are referring to is the list of notifications where you can view a chronological stream of who has followed you, liked your tracks, commented on your own tracks, replied to your comments on their tracks or re-posted your sounds or playlists.......in which case there isn't a delete option for that particular list.

I hope that answers your query, but if I am not quite there please let me know.

Regards

DJ R.I.P

I kind of agree with the poster. Getting notifications about EVERY LITTLE THING and then not being able to delete them is pretty annoying. I have three notifications up that have been there for the last week and I'm like "I know already."

It would just be nice to have some kind of notification filter such as Facebook has, wherein you could select what type of notifications you wish to receive and which ones you don't. For example, I like to be notified when someone "Likes" one of my new tracks or leaves a comment or an email.

But when I see a notification that appears because I couldn't edit a comment I left and then had to reply to my own comment to fix .... that gets pretty irritating.

So...in all fairness, I feel like you kinda more justified and defended notifications instead of answering the poster's query. But that's just my opinion. Maybe I will find some help if I scroll down a little more. Thanks.

- Mike
XOpath
Yes, I hate that I get the same notification (the orange dot) that somebody liked my track 5 months ago over and over again. Every time I log in the old notification is there. I really wish you Soundcloud would do something about it.
Totally agree. Aggravating to the max.
I agree. I got the same Notifications from a week ago. They don't change until, new notifications come in. I would like to delete them.
Userlevel 2
SimonSpins

1 Post 0 Reply Likes

Hi, I am having the same issue. Every time I log into my SoundCloud account, an old (already opened and read) notification shows up as an orange dot (unread) notification. I wish there was a way to mark (as read) or delete the old notifications.
Thank you,
SimonSpins

P.S. Why would this submitted question (an apparent issue with more than a few) show as being "ANSWERED"; when it has clearly NOT been substantially answered, explained, nor remedied? Rhetorical?
same here, would be great to delete these notifications in "home" > "stream"
was possible in the old soundcloud
now its a kind of "notifications overdose"
btw wtf with this "GetSatisfaction account...." pfffff
The status of a notification seems to be stored in a cookie. So when you clear your cookies (what my browser does on closing) or are using multiple devices, soundcloud forgets what notifications were already read. The status should be stored on server-side.
Userlevel 2
Hit like if you still have this in 2016! 🙂 I do. But seriously user should not be touching cookies for a good user experience.
Userlevel 1
This bug erks me too. *clicks red dot notification* "oh wow, something happened 2 years ago!"
March 2017 ... and still this issue! 😃
It seems as if I am getting a notification for every new follower they get.
Hello SoundCloud. Can you please update the site to make the notifications disappear after viewing them, or give an option to manually remove them? For anyone reading, this complaint is being made as of August 2017.
December 2017. Issue is still very prevalent. Wondering if making a new thread would be better, as clearly the mislabelling of this one has ceased any progress.
January 2018 and the issue is still there. Please, do something about it. Someone even marks this thread as 'solved' ?! Come on, nothing is solved here...
Yikes, Feb 2018. Same problem. This has been bugging me for years.

Every time I visit the site, I have notifications from stuff that happened months ago like they are new. WTF?
March 2018, still an issue - Get the notification dot almost every day I log into to check account, the "days ago" number just keeps ticking up, its at 1 month now since he started following me.
Same here, Really irritating! plz fix, thx
I think i found a work around for the time being, try logging on and pressing CTRL +F5 to do a hard refresh, so far I have not seen the notification I have been seeing each time I log in the last month.
I managed to get rid of this notification indicator by: -
Click the notification bell.
Click on "View all notification" at the bottom.
Click "Follow Back" and the Click the same button again to stop following again.

I no longer get this notification.
same problem here!
I managed to get rid of this notification indicator by: -
Click the notification bell.
Click on "View all notification" at the bottom.
Click "Follow Back" and the Click the same button again to stop following again.

I no longer get this notification.

Just tried the follow then un-follow thing from the notification page, will report my findings next week if it worked.

My CTRL + F5 solution did not work.