Question

How do I delete a notification?

Show first post

33 replies

I managed to get rid of this notification indicator by: -
Click the notification bell.
Click on "View all notification" at the bottom.
Click "Follow Back" and the Click the same button again to stop following again.

I no longer get this notification.

Unfortunately I am still getting the old notification even after trying this out.
I managed to get rid of this notification indicator by: -
Click the notification bell.
Click on "View all notification" at the bottom.
Click "Follow Back" and the Click the same button again to stop following again.

I no longer get this notification.

Unfortunately I am still getting the old notification even after trying this out.

It was working for me right up until today! :S it's now back, most annoying..
March 2018 and this problem still isn't sorted? This is sad. Is there anyone working at SoundCloud that can change the notification behavior so that they can be marked as "read?" Dude, notifications aren't some new phenomena that companies, coders and users started using just last month. We shouldn't be stuck with a notification indicator that won't go away because there is no option to mark it as "read" or to "clear notifications."

Come on now, get it together man. 😠
March 2018 and this problem still isn't sorted? This is sad. Is there anyone working at SoundCloud that can change the notification behavior so that they can be marked as "read?" Dude, notifications aren't some new phenomena that companies, coders and users started using just last month. We shouldn't be stuck with a notification indicator that won't go away because there is no option to mark it as "read" or to "clear notifications."

Come on now, get it together man. :@

I agree with you, what pisses me off the most is when they got rid of Groups on soundcloud, that is where I got like 60% of my plays and follows from - they were quick to get rid of that feature - which had been around since I joined soundcloud in 2008.

They are more focused on their streaming subscription music thing now then to worry about independent artist who made this site what it is today. SAD
May 15, 2018...
This problem is still here....

*tick tock*
...and still there. Getting notified of other user activity from over 1 year ago. Slick Soundcloud... real slick.
Year 2019 and the problem still persists.

Once you login and see the orange "new notifications" dot, and then click the notification bell, the orange dot disappears. But the information that you read the notifications is not stored in the Soundcloud servers but in your local browser cookies (as someone else stated before me).(they still store the information that we clicked the notification bell, in my opinion, but that's another day's topic)

How do we understand this? Wipe your cookies and exit the browser (or your browser might do this automatically if you fiddled with the settings), then re-login to Soundcloud. You will see that the orange dot is still there.

Is it a big issue? No. Is it annoying? YEAH.

uBlock Origin>Block element might work, but I haven't tried it yet.
I have also getting the same problem. Someone sent me something and now it just won't ever leave. I hope there is a delete notification button made soon.