Question

how do i delete a playlist

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Brendan,

Thanks for posting. When you go to your playlist URL directly, you should see a small track bin icon under the playlist header - this is where you can delete the playlist. Please note that this will only remove the playlist, not the individual tracks inside the playlist. When you scroll over the icon and keep the mouse still for a moment, you should see a quick tip popping up that says "Delete this Playlist".

Hope this helps! If in doubt, or if you have any further questions, feel free to let us know here.

Cheers
Mathis
How do I delete a song from my playlist
Userlevel 5
Hello,
To delete a track from the playlist, please click on the 'pen' button underneath your playlist to edit the playlist. Then you will see the list of the track included. You can delete a track by clicking on the 'x' button to the right of any of the tracks. You might have to confirm with 'yes' .
Hope that helps.
IK
Hi Brendan,

Thanks for posting. When you go to your playlist URL directly, you should see a small track bin icon under the playlist header - this is where you can delete the playlist. Please note that this will only remove the playlist, not the individual tracks inside the playlist. When you scroll over the icon and keep the mouse still for a moment, you should see a quick tip popping up that says "Delete this Playlist".

Hope this helps! If in doubt, or if you have any further questions, feel free to let us know here.

Cheers
Mathis

Hey Mathis,

There about 10 playlists that I would like to delete but they continue to reappear after I've deleted them. Ive tried on the homepage as well as in the playlist subsection. Ive tried restarting and deleting again..still there. Is this normal? How long should it take to register? Thanks.
Hi Brendan,

Cheers
Mathis

Same problem, the playlist won't go away.
Hi Brendan,

Cheers
Mathis

Same problem, annoying as hell...
Hi Brendan,

Cheers
Mathis

it is very annoying the playlist keeps popping back in, no matter what you do
Hi Brendan,

Cheers
Mathis

Hi Mathis

When I go to the URL directly of the playlist that somebody added to my page, I do not see a small track bin icon under the playlist header. There is nothing but the indication that the link is active. The picture associated with this playlist could be viewed as offensive to some and so I need to remove it.

Thanks
Jack
Userlevel 6
Hi Brendan,

Cheers
Mathis

Hi Jack,

I take it from your comment that you are not referring to a playlist that you have created yourself. Is this something that has appeared in your stream, i.e a playlist created or re-posted by someone who you follow?

What shows up in your stream is not the same as what people will see when they visit your profile which will only contain content you either upload yourself or you choose to re-post. The reason there is not a bin icon is you won't have created the playlist yourself & therefore you are not able to delete it. However, I understand that your main issue seems to be over the potentially offensive artwork that comes with this playlist.

There does not appear to be any kind of "playlist report" option so I would suggest using the contact form below & forward the playlist url along with your concerns regarding the artwork.

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Hope this helps :)

Regards

DJ R.I.P
IK, i'm not following the process for deleting a playlist and or tracks from a playlist, "pen", "track bin", I'm lost.
Userlevel 6
IK, i'm not following the process for deleting a playlist and or tracks from a playlist, "pen", "track bin", I'm lost.
Hi Fu Yung,

Maybe these articles from the help centre will help clarify the process for you:

Removing a track from a playlist:

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/1391347-how-do-i-remove-a-track-from-my-playlist...

Deleting a playlist (the below link is fro deleting a track, but the process & icons that need to be pressed is the same for deleting a playlist)

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/282512-how-do-i-delete-tracks-from-my-account-

I hope that helps :)

Regards

DJ R.I.P
Just go into your profile on the site where in the toolbar up the top it shows your name and the arrow to bring down a list "profile" and when you get to your profile you can easily delete it from there. (:
I still cannot delete the oldest track, it deleted most recent, but can't or don'
t see an icon to click to delete this older file.
It tells me I have 61 minutes left to uplaod..I want to remove old track 7 upload new two hour track.
Userlevel 6
Hi Cassie,

Thanks for visiting the help forums :)

Hoping the below will help illustrate the icons you need to look for to delete your track.

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/1363641

Its also worth noting that, assuming you are viewing your own profile page, the edit & delete icons are not visible until you move the mouse over the track, then they become visible, or you can click on the title of the track to make it show as it does in the above link, then the edit & delete icons are visible along with the other icons.

Hope this helps.

Regards

DJ R.I.P
Pen and trash icons do not appear when I hover over downloaded tracks, only ones that are "processing". This is the case with 3 different browsers. Any advice would be most welcome - mfc
Click on PROFILE, then PLAYLIST tab. You should be able to click on the playlist trash can icon in order to delete.
Hi Brendan,

Cheers
Mathis

What if we just want to remove a song or two from the playlist? Plus I'm following all these different directions to do that, but they all involve using a 'pen' icon to edit the playlist, but that icon is currently used for sharing so what gives, how do I fix this?
I think I know what you mean by your problem. When you go to your "Playlist" with "All" filter in the "Filter" section, it appears all the playlist you have including the ones you liked and the ones you created. If you want to remove a liked playlist (the one you did not created), just simply unlike it. But if you still want to keep those playlists that you liked just not wanting to hear them at the moment, change the setting in "Filter" to "Created". Hope it helps :3
I think I know what you mean by your problem. When you go to your "Playlist" with "All" filter in the "Filter" section, it appears all the playlist you have including the ones you liked and the ones you created. If you want to remove a liked playlist (the one you did not created), just simply unlike it. But if you still want to keep those playlists that you liked just not wanting to hear them at the moment, change the setting in "Filter" to "Created". Hope it helps :3
Thanks!
cant delete a song from my playlist ...
the pen icon makes you delete the whole playlist wich i dont want to ...
can some one help ...?? plus i want to join the soundcloud pro .. because of the new stupid previews ... still cant buy it an error message pops out saying to try later
Just go into your profile on the site where in the toolbar up the top it shows your name and the arrow to bring down a list "profile" and when you get to your profile you can easily delete it from there. (:

omggg, thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for
Userlevel 1
When someone deletes one of their playlists, it takes a while for it to actually be deleted by the SC system. How long does it take on average for the deleted playlist to properly disappear? An hour? A day? A week?