Question

How do I disable that #$%#$% Autoplay

Show first post

93 replies

So annoying to go to any website and have music just glaring out at you. Turn the function off.
PLEASE. HOW CAN YOU TURN THE AUTOPLAY OFF ? It is killing me.
Userlevel 5
Including a direct link to the feature request form.

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Perhaps they will get a clue if each of us submit the same fix request.
Userlevel 1
Hey BlkCruelt,

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying the continuous play feature. The intention of the feature is to allow you to explore SoundCloud while continuously listening to sounds from your Stream. Please rest assured that the tracks that play will relate to tracks on your Stream and your 'Likes', they won't be totally random. It currently is not possible to disable this.

Hi Mathis,

This is not a feature. It's an incredibly obnoxious and dissonant interference in my music listening experience.

Additionally, the continuous play songs ARE random. I've been listening to a song from a new musical, and the same completely unrelated AWFUL song keeps playing immediately afterward. I tried making a playlist so that I could listen to the musical song without the AWFUL song playing immediately afterward, and lo and behold, the same song piped in. Tried listening from my phone app, and again, it happened.

And really? Autoplay from a phone app? What if someone is trying to control data usage and just intended to listen to one particular song? You'd force them to listen to use extra data and load more?

PLEASE offer a way to disable this "feature."
Userlevel 5
Hey BlkCruelt,

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying the continuous play feature. The intention of the feature is to allow you to explore SoundCloud while continuously listening to sounds from your Stream. Please rest assured that the tracks that play will relate to tracks on your Stream and your 'Likes', they won't be totally random. It currently is not possible to disable this.

I completely agree with you. Autoplay is a bug in the site. Please submit a bug report to the development team. They have said from another thread that the dev team generally does not react to things posted here.

From this thread you can see that they have know about this bug for a long time. Perhaps it will finally get fixed if they hear from enough of us. Perhaps it will get fixed if they see how bad Autoplay is from so many different points of use.

I am Including a direct link to the feature request form.

Please pass the link along to a friend or three.
I am forced to CLOSE soundcloud when the track I want to hear is done. I will choose if I want to hear another song. NOT FREAKING SOUNDCLOUD!! Sheeesh you guys suck at soundcloud.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Continuous auto play has been a problem for many for months now.

This has been brought up multiple times.

The Auto play feature without an option to turn it off is just annoying. And has been brought up many times now, with more than enough time to make an adjustment. This is blatant stat inflation at the expense of the user's enjoyment.

Please make the adjustment. If I can find an alternative to soundcloud before you do you will lose at least one user.

The problem is there's no alternative really. Most electronic artists switched to soundcloud and now you are forced to sit and control the player to make sure you close the window after the track or mix of an artist you wanted to explore stops playing.
Userlevel 5
As you might know, SC development says that they do not react directly to fix requests posted here. Rather they make you submit the request through this form:

Please let them know how this bug effects you. Ask three friends to do the same.

Sorry for your frustration.
Userlevel 5
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Continuous auto play has been a problem for many for months now.

This has been brought up multiple times.

The Auto play feature without an option to turn it off is just annoying. And has been brought up many times now, with more than enough time to make an adjustment. This is blatant stat inflation at the expense of the user's enjoyment.

Please make the adjustment. If I can find an alternative to soundcloud before you do you will lose at least one user.

@Klem as an artist, what do you think about bandcamp? reverbnation?

As a listener my preference would be that SC fix this bug in the service. The dev team has said that it does not monitor this forum and asked that we submit fix requests with this form:

I am Including a direct link to the feature request form.

if enough people let them know that the bug effects them, perhaps they will eventually fix the service.

You have my sympathies.
Hey BlkCruelt,

You guys have put the Autoplay Off option in the mobile app (for Android) but not on the web??? Whyyy???
You guys have put the Autoplay Off option in the mobile app (for Android) but not on the web??? Whyyy???
Userlevel 5
Hey BlkCruelt,

That further underscores that lack of an option to disable autoplay is a bug. Message the dev team.
Userlevel 3
Data use on mobile costs money, so users would be paying for what they do not want to hear, which is enough for them to uninstall the app.

Or perhaps there might even eventually be a class action law suit about the mobile app that you thought you closed which was instead continuing to stream tracks that "relate to tracks on your Stream and your 'Likes'" and winds up costing you a fortune in data.
Userlevel 5
Let the development team know that this bug effects you. Ask them directly.

Userlevel 1
Count me as another user who HATES HATES HATES the autoplay. Just because I liked a song doesn't mean I want it to play automatically. I'm listening to one of my acoustic tracks, then SoundCloud BLASTS my friends rock tune immediately afterwards. Right now, my only option is unlike my friends track, or exit SoundCloud immediately before they load up the autoplay.

And I'm a musician shopping around for a platform. This BUG alone will keep me from paying for SoundCloud. I've submitted a feature request (a.k.a. bug report).

Jeez...let the damn USER decide what they want to hear! Absolutely ridiculous hamfisted design.
Userlevel 5
Count me as another user who HATES HATES HATES the autoplay. Just because I liked a song doesn't mean I want it to play automatically. I'm listening to one of my acoustic tracks, then SoundCloud BLASTS my friends rock tune immediately afterwards. Right now, my only option is unlike my friends track, or exit SoundCloud immediately before they load up the autoplay.

And I'm a musician shopping around for a platform. This BUG alone will keep me from paying for SoundCloud. I've submitted a feature request (a.k.a. bug report).

Jeez...let the damn USER decide what they want to hear! Absolutely ridiculous hamfisted design.

Thanks for putting in the fix request. Hopefully they will get the message, eventually.
Userlevel 3

soundcloud is playing politics, so i will too: no more linking to soundcloud until autoplay is an option. this is lost promotion for soundcloud. soundcloud, you are disrespecting us in your desperate attempt to be the next internet billionaires. reap the results.
Userlevel 3
The replies above are spot on.

Upon finishing a song on a track's page, I would much rather be presented with a "menu", consisting of 3 other tracks uploaded by [profile], 3 of [profile]'s likes, and 3 related tracks from the sidebar, as well as a message for logged-out listeners saying "Register for free to share, promote, comment, discover, connect, etc."

Then people would get a choice, and they'd be far more inclined to explore and discover, just like most people I know tend to end up on "related videos marathons" when they're on YouTube. I also imagine it would affect metrics favourably in the long run.
Userlevel 3

my lack of linking to soundcloud won't hurt them whatsoever. ironically, soundcloud's insistence on forcing autoplay on us means them losing exposure from an outside music thread of mine with over a million views.
I agree, it's a terrible feature.
Userlevel 3
apparently, soundcloud no longer allows embeds where the linked song plays once (and wherein no "continuous play" or ads happened). that, apparently, is over b/c where there once were embeds in outside pages (ie google+), now you are taken to the soundcloud site where they give you the full treatment of no-option continuous play pimpage/promotion and occasional hurl-inducing ads.

and more reading/research yields that the joy is over folks -- soundcloud has gone over to the dark side. they will never go back to what you previously enjoyed. it truly is over. it was good while it lasted but it is dead and stinks like roadkill now. time to walk away.
Blk, that link doesn't work for me
Userlevel 1
Okay, I'm now ready to move to another platform. Mandatory AutoPlay problem isn't fixed, and I'm about to start uploading a bunch of recording I'll be doing in 2016. I will not subject my audience to that kind of abuse. Recommendations on SoundCloud alternatives that aren't so ridiculously anti-user? I'm quite happy to pay for a good service- and SoundCloud doesn't qualify. No $$ for them from me. I can always host files from my own site, but I'd rather pay for a platform that does most of the work for me and adds ***useful*** and ***optional*** features for me and my audience.
Userlevel 5
It looks like SC restructured the site. try putting a comment on their social media and let us know if they point you to a replacement link.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SoundCloud
https://twitter.com/SCsupport

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SoundCloud
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+SoundCloud/posts
Instagram: http://instagram.com/soundcloud

Try the Ask Us Directly button at the bottom of this page:
http://listenanddiscover.help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2165769-unable-to-play-tracks#
Userlevel 5
Okay, I'm now ready to move to another platform. Mandatory AutoPlay problem isn't fixed, and I'm about to start uploading a bunch of recording I'll be doing in 2016. I will not subject my audience to that kind of abuse. Recommendations on SoundCloud alternatives that aren't so ridiculously anti-user? I'm quite happy to pay for a good service- and SoundCloud doesn't qualify. No $$ for them from me. I can always host files from my own site, but I'd rather pay for a platform that does most of the work for me and adds ***useful*** and ***optional*** features for me and my audience.
What platform are you moving to?