Question

How do I turn off the autoplay feature for my soundcloud?

• 20 April 2015
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 1
I would like to host a series of coaching topics using soundcloud. What I have found is once any track finishes, the next track in the series automatically begins to play in sequence. Is there a way to turn this feature off?

27 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi there,
Sorry, but have to disappoint you. Currently this is not possible on the soundcloud platform it self.
However, this option is available when you share an audio on a website through the 'embed code' that you can get when you click on the 'share' button on an audio , and then click on 'embed' .
Hope that helps.
IK
Userlevel 1
Thank you! I will have to explore using the embed. We currently use the Soundcloud is Gold widget for Wordpress. I didn't see the option with it either.
Userlevel 5
Keep in mind that, automatic play is disabled by default. Also, when you share playlists the auto play is disabled too. To enable the auto play, you would have to click on more options at the bottome of the 'embed' tab.
Greets.
IK
Hi there, I have tried to place the Wordpress embed code into a Wordpress site, but all that happens is that the iframe code shows up as text in the Visuals side of the page. What am I doing wrong?
Userlevel 2
Hi there,
Sorry, but have to disappoint you. Currently this is not possible on the soundcloud platform it self.
However, this option is available when you share an audio on a website through the 'embed code' that you can get when you click on the 'share' button on an audio , and then click on 'embed' .
Hope that helps.
IK

"Currently this is not possible on the soundcloud platform it self."

Why? Autoplay is almost always irritating.
Keep in mind that, automatic play is disabled by default. Also, when you share playlists the auto play is disabled too. To enable the auto play, you would have to click on more options at the bottome of the 'embed' tab.
Greets.
IK

"Keep in mind that, automatic play is disabled by default."

What?
Greets.
IK

It is cool
Greets.
IK

It is like something u feel about some
Greets.
IK

It make ppl happy for have this BC u can text at the same time
Userlevel 1
Hi Guys,
You can turn off autoplay on Youtube. If you don't like the features, vote with your feet.

I think Soundcloud is close to perfect apart from this, but it makes me want to punch my screen.
Userlevel 1
+1 -- why can't we just turn autoplay off? It'd be so simple to implement in the code.
Userlevel 1
I agree. I want to turn off autoplay for my tracks. When I send someone a link, it is for 1 song, not all of them!
Userlevel 1
I also resent having to create a get satisfaction account to post here - and the default flood of emails.
Userlevel 1
The autoplay is super annoying when you don't want it. I can't use Soundcloud for posting clients audio because, for example, I posted one for a local newspaper, which autoplayed into what was supposedly a track like it....but it was a dirty rap song by some local talent...completely unrelated and unwanted to the professional client audio preceding. So disappointing, and so simple to solve.
Userlevel 2
this auto play is SO annoying!! Why can't they add the option to turn it off???
Userlevel 5
I barely us SC because of the anti-feature, the bug. Let the artist know. Let your friends know. Support alternatives.
Userlevel 2
Hi there,
Hope that helps.
IK

This is very true. Autoplay is completely annoying. Insufferable. And often flat out painful to the ears. Ugh on you, Soundcloud, for this dirty trick.
Userlevel 2
The autoplay is super annoying when you don't want it. I can't use Soundcloud for posting clients audio because, for example, I posted one for a local newspaper, which autoplayed into what was supposedly a track like it....but it was a dirty rap song by some local talent...completely unrelated and unwanted to the professional client audio preceding. So disappointing, and so simple to solve.
I have experienced something similar. But even while typing this I have the feeling it is going into the bottomless pit of soundcloud's customer service department.
Any good alternatives without autplay please? 🙂 let's make an ad here..
still havnt solution for this auto play case?
Userlevel 2
Hi there,
Hope that helps.
IK

I do use the embed. i have a list embedded . and yes it doesn't immediately autoplay, BUT once someone plays one song, it autoplays the whole darn list!! YOU CANNOT GET IT TO PLAY ONLY THE CHOSEN SONG FROM A LIST. really turns visitors OFF.
Userlevel 2
Hi there,
Hope that helps.
IK

SOUNDCLOUD, ARE YOU LISTENING??????? HELP
Userlevel 2
If you send someone a link to ONE song, and they play it, then it goes on to autoplay EVERY OTHER SONG YOU HAVE UPLOADED. BAD BAD BAD
Yea this feature is a show stopper for me and I will not be using SoundCloud that much.

Here is what I do, but it is just for the player. I either use the "Embed" iframe or just copy and paste the URL from the iframe code (starting at Http://soudcloud/player). You will see the "autoplay=false" in the api that loads the soundcloud player. It only really allows you to show a link a webpage/facebook... and not the Iframe.

On the Souncloud site they are loading their own player and have "autoplay=true" so they can control it and it is sad to see them lose business over such a simple thing.
I agree this feature is a huge disadvantage.

Are there any other comparable music-sharing platforms besides SoundCloud?

Clearly SoundCloud is not listening to us here.