Question

How do you search for a podcast in a specified language?

• 19 March 2015
  • 2 replies

I am Swedish and would like to search for business podcasts in Swedish. Is there anyway to do this? I don't quite understand the tagging system, but is it possible to combine a category with a tag like "Swedish"? And are uploaders using this?

I feel like Soundcloud could really use a simple language option. As in when you upload there would be a Language option with a drop-down list to choose language. Leave it unspecified if you want but if you choose language it will be searchable among all the other podcasts with that language.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Hello sebefre,
I think this feature is not yet implemented, but your suggestion kind of makes sense Please refer to this post to find about how to make a suggestion for a new feature.
Greetings.
IK
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thank you for your input about this. Being more accessible internationally is something our product teams are currently looking into - it is a huge topic no doubt. Your feature does totally make sense, so I encourage you to write in to us via email indeed to make sure your feature request can be gathered properly.

Currently, it is not possible to search for more tags at a time. Thus, I'd recommend to narrow down your search to "swedish podcasts" combined with the topic you're looking for. Matter of fact, podcasting is currenty a beta feature, however we're trying to get this out of beta soon :-)

Hope this helps to provide a bit more info around this.

Cheers
Mathis