Question

how to get the soundcloud player box with wavefile preview and playback buttton on facebook when sharing

• 8 November 2015
  • 26 replies

I have seen people sharing "soundcloud" audio files on their FaceBook pages and recently when I try to upload my own and click share button on soundcloud it gives the preview which I'm expecting on FaceBook but after I do share, it just sharing a photo and a link where all users will be directed to soundcloud.com .
This is quite frustrating as no one will think that it is an audio file which I have shared and users won't be interested about those posts.If there's a way to get that same box which we can see on the preview with the waveform and the play back button it will be much better in all sense.
Please any helpful idea is welcome

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Frequency,

Sorry but the playback in Facebook was removed, all the shares will lead your fans to your SoundCloud profile.

-Gina
Can you not change that back please? It's really really REALLY annoying and not helpful for small artists in any way as people don't click and listen if it's not easy accesible like a youtube or any other link with player directly on page 😞
Cheers.
Signe
Can you not change that back please? It's really really REALLY annoying and not helpful for small artists in any way as people don't click and listen if it's not easy accesible like a youtube or any other link with player directly on page 😞
Cheers.
Signe

I completely agree with you. The embedded FB player was the reason I started using Soundcloud. Now that they've removed that feature I've been looking into using YouTube instead.
Userlevel 2
Hi Frequency,

Sorry but the playback in Facebook was removed, all the shares will lead your fans to your SoundCloud profile.

-Gina

Bad decision.
It was removed? How come? Not having a direct one-click option for people to play tracks makes sharing on Facebook a lot less effective.

I assume there is a reason for that decision, but from a user point-of-view it's hard to see it. Can you tell us?
It was removed? How come? Not having a direct one-click option for people to play tracks makes sharing on Facebook a lot less effective.

I assume there is a reason for that decision, but from a user point-of-view it's hard to see it. Can you tell us?

I've actually started using YouTube instead, in order to get an embeddable player. It's a bit trickier because YouTube doesn't accept music uploads. You have to include some kind of visual element along with the music to get it to work.
Userlevel 2

I moved over to heartthis.at, they offer the embedded player for Facebook. They made the change very easy as they allow you to import your entire SoundCloud profile without any hassle and the site itself is very similar to SoundCloud too.

Hey, thanks for the link! I haven't heard of them and just checked it out. Looks promising. However, I'd still like to find out why SC changed that particular option.
Userlevel 2

They probably want to navigate more traffic to their site at the cost of the smaller artists, which would be a very unwise move. However I did not terminate my SC profile, I will continue uploading there but I use hearthis for sharing now.
Hi Frequency,

-Gina

Very bad. Will be using Soundcloud less now. That was a very important function for me.

Think you can also embed player from Bandcamp too, no?
Hi Frequency,

-Gina

me to one star tht was a TERRIBLE DECISION HOW ARE PEOPLE GONNA KNOW ITS NOT SOETHING THEY ALREADY CHECKED OUT I LOST 50 LISTENERS ON MY LAST MIX AFTER PAYING THIS SITE $15 IM MAD AS HELL

THXS BASIL!!!!!!!
Cheers.
Signe

HEARTTHIS.AT.COM!! WORKS GREAT SO FAR THANK GOD!!!

ouch I'm closing soundcloud and back to youtube......
Hi Frequency,

-Gina

Bad decision. Leaving soundcloud.

i wonder why it didnt work no more come on soundcloud you ARE SUPPOSED to the leading new audio file for indie artist WTF
Hi Frequency,

-Gina

Since SoundCloud made this change, my stats went down 50%.

they don't care... it's time to leave soundcloud and go to better platforms...

What a stupid decision. No one is going to click on the photo then click on the song on Facebook. People just want one click only. It's all about accessibility. The Facebook share was the reason I joined up to Soundcloud. Glad I don't pay per month for this. I'll just use youtube then or Mixcloud.

It _s even worse: If your friend is on a mobile device, he/she will be forwarded only to the mobile page (m.soundcloud), where the "Buy" link is not present at all?!?!
Hey Soundcloud, I think I have to cancel my Pro account, if this stays true?! Are you kidding with us?
Hi Frequency,

-Gina

I agree; really crappy now. 😕
Hi Frequency,

-Gina

I was thinking of getting Soundcloud Pro but because of this I will not.
Hi Frequency,

-Gina

I agree, it's a bad decision. Is it a development resource issue?

I can't believe that you would literally drive a wedge in between yourself and THE most used social media platform, using plain common sense.

If this is a strategic decision to drive people to soundcloud.com, it will fail, because your users will find other ways to share their music, only because their friends on FB don't want to bother. The end user runs the show. You don't. You know that's how it is. And in case of sharing other people's music, you will just go on youtube and find it there instead if you can.

Soundcloud is an excellent, brilliant thing, but you can't stand alone without proper interaction with social media. And you have just handicapped that severely. You have to change it back and let people share with the embedded player, as soon as possible.

Thanks for the hearthis.at link. It works on facebook again! This is what attracted me to soundcloud in the first place. It took me 3 minutes to import my entire sound cloud library. It's looking better already, plus it seems you get 2GBs free upload per week. Laters SC!