Question

I add songs to playlists on my desktop version, but songs don't show up in playlists on iphone5s app, not even after days. What can I do?

I add songs to playlists on my desktop version, but the songs don't show up in playlists on the mobile app.....not even after days. What can I do?

This topic has been closed for comments

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi there,

We just became aware of an issue on the app where if you make a private playlist with private tracks on the desktop site - the playlist will show as empty on the app and there are no tracks to play. Pulling down on the playlist to refresh should fix this. Our mobile engineers are working on a permanent fix.

Thanks!
Gina
Hey Gina -- this isn't the issue. It's not about the playlist being empty. It's about the app not updating playlists. So I made changes to my desktop version a week ago and the app on my iPhone 5s doesn't show those changes. I have logged off and logged back in. And a month ago, I actually deleted the app and reinstalled it. I have synced my phone with iTunes and the Soundcloud app still shows the playlist as it was a week ago without any of the new songs that I added on my desktop. This issue has been around for months, hence the reason I'm letting you know
I am having the same issue.... Has there been a solution for this yet?
SAME ISSUE!! Any solution?
Same problem please help
I'm in the same boat. Add songs to my playlist and they don't show up
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I'm in the same boat. Add songs to my playlist and they don't show up
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in and sorry for the frustration! Can you try doing a hard refresh - pulling down on your Collection page until you see a spinning wheel - and see if your playlists show?
If that doesn't help, go ahead and try reinstalling the app.

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers
Mathis
The issue that I have is the same but the other way around : the tracks I liked on the mobile app (android) don't show up on the "Likes" list on the desktop version. So I can't refresh the page more than what it already does when loading the website.
Sure hope it'll be quickly fixed 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
The issue that I have is the same but the other way around : the tracks I liked on the mobile app (android) don't show up on the "Likes" list on the desktop version. So I can't refresh the page more than what it already does when loading the website.
Sure hope it'll be quickly fixed :)

Hi Choco Box,

Just checking - are you sure you're logged in to the same account on both devices?

We've reached out to our engineers to reenforce the importance of the syncing between platforms.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Music I liked on my phone isn't transferring over to my laptop.

While I'm at work I listen to my stream on the soundcloud app through android and LIKE quite a few songs, but when i get home and try to find them in my LIKES tab on my laptop browser it doesn't show up. Almost like I've never come across it. This is a problem because I download most songs to my laptop to use them in the future, but I can't seem to find them.

Help please???
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

This seems to be a persistent issue with likes as well as with tracks that are added to playlists, for some users. We've reached out to our engineers again for an in depth investigation and we're hoping this can soon be addressed.

If you're on Android, we recommend you join our public beta program - this way you'll get the most current builds of the app, and can submit crash reports directly from within the app.

Thanks & all the best
Mathis

Hi Mathis
yup it's the same account because I still have the same playlists somehow, and the songs I uploaded. I sign in through my google+ account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for the update. I'll let the engineers know.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My phone's apps playlist isnt updating on the soundcloud web browser. (Android HT....

Been making all these playlists using my phone and when I share them with people who are directed by the web browser they arent getting all the songs )':

I love soundcloud, you guys are my greatest source of music
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled LIKES and PLAYLISTS not synching between my phone and the PC?.

Why is my LIKES and PLAYLISTS not synching between my phone and the PC? I saw some issues about this reported 5 months ago, is there a fix coming up soon?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
UPDATE

Hi there everyone,

Many of you have reported disappearing likes, tracks being removed from playlists, and general syncing issues between mobile and web.

While there are a bunch of reasons for tracks to disappear (user deletes their tracks, users sets their tracks to private, tracks get blocked due to copyrights), we continued to ask for example tracks that you could still find on SoundCloud, only which didn't appear on your likes & playlists for some reason. We would then forward these to our engineers to continue investigation around this. This process wasn't easy and very time consuming.

However, Our engineers let us know yesterday that they have fixed a bug that solves disappearing likes, and should also sort out syncing issues moving forward.

Thus, please update your mobile app to the most current version, and continue to test. If you still experience loss of likes, please do let us know. Also, please note that likes that have disappear cannot be reinstated retroactively, unfortunately.

Thanks again for the continued patience and help with this matter.

Cheers
Mathis
Will try out the new version, thanks alot for the work and effort, and listening to users ! It's very valuable to me. Alex
I have this problem as well. On Mac I have 13 songs in my playlist, on Android phone only 8. I will try iOS devices tomorrow.

Edit:
Ok read through all the comments and refreshed. They now show. Didn't know you can refresh your playlist. Thanks

Hey the way to fix SoundCloud not updating on the desktop has to do with your phone not syncing with SoundCloud's servers. On Android follow this: Settings > Accounts > SoundCloud > enable "Auto-sync data". Personally I found it under Accounts, but some people have to select SoundCloud to find it. PLEASE NOTE: I'm referring to your PHONE settings, NOT the SoundCloud app settings!

Thanks! could never understand why my Likes on my app weren't showing up on desktop. sorted.