Question

I can't access SoundCloud on Internet Explorer 11

As of this morning, I'm getting the error message below when trying to access SoundCloud on Internet Explorer 11. I can, however, get to help.soundcloud.com, just not www.soundcloud.com. I am able to access it on Firefox. However, all of your support topics say anything above IE10 should work. This is an important problem for my team because we sent out communications to thousands of employees on Friday and their default browser is IE11.

16 replies

Same
me too
Same. When I finally found a way to sign it, it looks as though it started a new account.
Shouldn't have to update all the time to see a website.
Same exact problem here, I'm totally stuck--hopefully Soundcloud is aware??
Same here : Seven + IE11, regulary updated....
Moi aussi j'ai ce message d'erreur et je suis sous Internet Explorer 11, ... impossible d'accéder au site !
Same here any news from sc?
Same here on Safari/mac
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there everyone,

Thanks for reporting & sorry about the troubles. I've forwarded this to our engineers and they are currently looking into this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there again,

Our engineers just let me know that SoundCloud should now load properly in IE11 again.

Thanks again for your help and patience with this.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi there everyone,

Thanks for reporting & sorry about the troubles. I've forwarded this to our engineers and they are currently looking into this.

Mathis - It's working again now for me. So, I think we're all set. For future reference, is the forum the most efficient way to get a problem rectified? Or do you have a direct contact I should use?
Hi there again,

Our engineers just let me know that SoundCloud should now load properly in IE11 again.

Cheers
Mathis

Mathis, Can you give me any information on what caused this problem? Is this a common problem? We are new to SoundCloud, but want to make sure this isn't an issue we'll run into often. Thank you for your insight!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there everyone,

Hi there,

Thanks for verifying this is now working again. Reporting such things on Twitter or here on the forum are usually the most efficient ways to report these things.

All the best
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there again,

Cheers
Mathis

Our engineers let me know that a recent deploy caused for the site to no longer load properly under IE11. (Deploys are done to update our codebase from our end) It is not something that happens all the time, fortunately.
Hi there again,

Cheers
Mathis

Looks like the issue is back. Our company is having the same issue with IE 11. We have a big span of computer with anything from IE 9-11. For most of us, FireFox or Chrome is not an option (unfortunately).