Question

I can't see the waveform, there is only a very small wave.

• 20 January 2015
  • 10 replies

Since few days now the waveforms of the trakcs take ages to load and when it is finally done is a really small wave and is the same for every track. Help ?
I'm using Google Chrome on a Mac and Soundcloud is working fine on my iPad

10 replies

Well, it works. I disabled all of them (only had 2) and it worked fine. So I enable one that was really important and it is not working very well.

Thank you so much !

Emile

The extension was GIF Scrubber which I dont even use, so I dont mind not having, the other one is LastPass. (I enabled it again it seems so work fine now)
Hey ,

Thanks for your reply, Soundcloud works when I try to use Safari but still does not work on Chrome.

This is what happens after it has loaded on Chrome
Hello, i have a similar problem, but your solution doesn't work for me. I really don't know how to fix this problem. I use Chrome on a Macbook Retina 15-inch. I took a screenshot of this problem.The problem appears when i start soundcloud, but disappears when i reload the site. Maybe someone has an idea?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again, thanks for providing the screenshot. Hmm, this sure does look odd. Let's see - just to be 100% sure about this - in Chrome, please type chrome://extensions in the address field and press enter. This will bring you to the list of extensions that you've installed. Now, disable any of them and restart your Chrome browser to see if this helps.

Other then that, I am currently not aware of anything else that might cause for the waveform to look this way, to be honest. Curious to hear back from you soon.

Cheers,
Mathis
Well, it works. I disabled all of them (only had 2) and it worked fine. So I enable one that was really important and it is not working very well.

Thank you so much !

Emile
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you so much !

Emile

Hi Emile,

That's fantastic! Mind sharing the name of the extension that was causing the difficulties for you for other users who might run into the same issue?

Thanks & all the best,
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you so much !

Emile

Perfect, thanks for sharing!
i tried to off "Image Downloader" extension, and waveform is working again
Yeah I have the same problem but im using a PC and see no waveform at all
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi There B.R.D.,

Hmm, this sure sounds odd. I'd start off with a bunch of basic steps to solve or at least isolate the root cause to this.

Here's how. Can you try these steps and let us know here if this needs further investigation? If so, can you attach a screenshot to make sure we have full understanding of your issue?

Thanks, hoping this already helps :-)

Cheers,
Mathis