Question

I cant record with my headphones.

• 26 March 2015
  • 8 replies

I cant record with my headphones. My headphones has one sound-mic line. Can u guide me how to record with my headphones on soundcloud. I tried but it doesnt get my voice or melody also. Thank you

8 replies

Userlevel 1
First you need an audio recording program like Audacity (it's Free and works on Macs and PCs) and then set it to record from your mic that is attached to your headphones. There are tons of tutorials on how to setup a mic in Audacity on YouTube. Watch them and learn something cool. Then record your yourself a little ditty via Audacity and you will be officially "Audio-Baptize by the power of Sine-waves... 😉 Once you are satisfied and well versed by the power of the spirit of your recording, export it as a MP3 and upload to Soundcloud, again there a ton of YouTube videos on how to export. This is the best way to do it, b/c you can have more control of what is uploaded to Soundcloud.
First you need an audio recording program like Audacity (it's Free and works on Macs and PCs) and then set it to record from your mic that is attached to your headphones. There are tons of tutorials on how to setup a mic in Audacity on YouTube. Watch them and learn something cool. Then record your yourself a little ditty via Audacity and you will be officially "Audio-Baptize by the power of Sine-waves... 😉 Once you are satisfied and well versed by the power of the spirit of your recording, export it as a MP3 and upload to Soundcloud, again there a ton of YouTube videos on how to export. This is the best way to do it, b/c you can have more control of what is uploaded to Soundcloud.
I downloaded Audacity but still cant use mic of headphones to record 😞 And in the sound properties/ recording it doesnt show my mic too.
sounds like you need device drivers re-installed for the audio hardware
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@FadedShadows "Audio-Baptize by the power of Sine-waves" lol, thanks for helping a homie out!

-Gina
Userlevel 1
Lol, thx Gina, @zkulz95 if you are still having problems, I would guess the type connector from your mic / headphone setup is incompatible w/ your PC. Those connectors are 3 ring and most PCs only support a two ring connector; if that makes sense. If you are serious about recording, then invest in something a little nicer like a "presonus USB audio box mic headphone kit, you can pick them up for cheap on eBay or Amazon for around $150 bucks. Also I don't believe that you took the time to watch any audacity tutorials.. 😉 I guess this means I have to start making some. Btw I like to use Logic Pro on a Mac and I luv making tutorials on YouTube. Check out user logicprohacks 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Lol, thx Gina, @zkulz95 if you are still having problems, I would guess the type connector from your mic / headphone setup is incompatible w/ your PC. Those connectors are 3 ring and most PCs only support a two ring connector; if that makes sense. If you are serious about recording, then invest in something a little nicer like a "presonus USB audio box mic headphone kit, you can pick them up for cheap on eBay or Amazon for around $150 bucks. Also I don't believe that you took the time to watch any audacity tutorials.. 😉 I guess this means I have to start making some. Btw I like to use Logic Pro on a Mac and I luv making tutorials on YouTube. Check out user logicprohacks :-)
Killin it!
Lol, thx Gina, @zkulz95 if you are still having problems, I would guess the type connector from your mic / headphone setup is incompatible w/ your PC. Those connectors are 3 ring and most PCs only support a two ring connector; if that makes sense. If you are serious about recording, then invest in something a little nicer like a "presonus USB audio box mic headphone kit, you can pick them up for cheap on eBay or Amazon for around $150 bucks. Also I don't believe that you took the time to watch any audacity tutorials.. 😉 I guess this means I have to start making some. Btw I like to use Logic Pro on a Mac and I luv making tutorials on YouTube. Check out user logicprohacks :-)
I really watched it dude 😑
Userlevel 1
I am just messing w/ you... I trust you. 😉 A lot of times, you can get over whelmed w/ the amount of information on one subject and puts your brain in a "Rain-Man State" and makes you say: "I get my boxer shorts at K-Mart in Cincinatt" and you start counting toothpicks from jar... 🙂