Question

I dont get Notifications when people like my tracks anymore

• 1 October 2015
  • 18 replies

Like it says above, i get followers, reposts and all that but no likes any more. And ive seen that people liked my tracks when i click on their profiles, but like i said, no notification

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this. I've tested this feature for you, and noticed that the notification indicator won't show, however the notification itself should show up properly when you look at https://soundcloud.com/notifications. I've liked one of your tracks from the mathisc-account - can you see it?

Either way, this has now been forwarded to the relevant engineering team for review.
http://imgur.com/k5webB2 no
I am also seeing that people reposts are not showing up in my statistics for the last 2-3 days at least. Currently it is showing alerts for likes, reposts and so forth for alerts as new alerts that happened 12 hours ago but is inaccurate.
Similar thing is happening on my account - notification icon initially "lights up", but no new notification is actually showing or retained, even though 'likes' are registering on the tracks themselves. Only started happening through this past week.
Update: as of today, it works for me again, thanks to the person who fixed it 🙂
For me? Nope. Still same problem - I see new likes counted in stats today, and added to tracks ... but no details under the notifications tab.
Well for me there is always a new notification when I log in even that I've checked those 200 times before. Soundcloud is a Swedish "innovation" so I know why people are having so much problems.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Well for me there is always a new notification when I log in even that I've checked those 200 times before. Soundcloud is a Swedish "innovation" so I know why people are having so much problems.
Hi ArcticWave,

Sorry about the confusion - this is to do with how this feature is set up to work. If you're logging out and back in, or if you're working with different browsers / devices, you'll see these notifications multiple times. Also, when you're clearing your cache on a regular bases, this will also happen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
For me? Nope. Still same problem - I see new likes counted in stats today, and added to tracks ... but no details under the notifications tab.
Hi there,

I've just tested this for you from here by liking one of your tracks. As far as I can see this from our end, you should be able to see this new like on your account now.
Thanks for follow up - your 'like' is visible on my track, but no notification appeared, and 'view all notifications' shows no trace amongst the comments and follows that have come through today. (and you are now proudly liking a rather odd flavoured track!)
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Haha, Mathis often likes the odd ones 😉. Can you try disabling your notification alerts and then turn them on again. Restart your browser and log back in.

Hope that helps!
Gina
I had previously tried that without success; will try again. It is just the 'notifications' icon & list I am concerned with - I am not actually trying to get email notifications from this.
The behaviour is getting stranger - today all likes 'missing' for the week appeared at once in their correct order of history, under the notifications tab, and have stayed there. But new likes received through the course of today have not appeared, as per the originally reported 'fault'.
What I am hoping to end up with is: emailed notification of 'messages' only, and likes/reposts/comments/follows to appear under the bell icon in the browser. For some reason only the 'likes' refuse to do this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there aSoupOfNettles,

Sorry this is an ongoing issue for you. Our engineers continue to look into inconsistencies with the notification service. Hoping this can soon be sorted out.
Well, something's changed: a week's worth of likes arrived 2 days ago, and have stayed (on "all notifications" page) Now the icon seems to be lighting and showing new likes again, but within 10 mins they vanish and don't come back. (last 2 days worth)

Over the last week I have blocked/reported several Spam accounts - could it be scripts for blocking are tying up all my legitimate likes in the bargain?
Hi. im dealing with the exact same issue here and have been the last week or so. I Donj _t get any notifications for favorites or reposts but still i see the favorites increase on some of my tracks/sets. Also a dj set dissapeared for the whole day yesterday. iwnder what's the problem? Please help.
Hi. im dealing with the exact same issue here and have been the last week or so. I Don't get any notifications for favorites or reposts, but still, i see the favorites increase on some of my tracks/sets. Also a dj set dissapeared for the whole day yesterday. i wonder what's the problem? Please help.
Could it be? After a couple of days 'probation' it seems my account is stable again, and functioning as expected. Thanks to anyone at SoundCloud who actually fixed this, otherwise, hey! - it fixed itself...