Question

I have maked a playlist but when all songs are played the playlist play recommanded songs. How i can remove that?

• 31 December 2014
  • 14 replies

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there Qwelp,

Thanks for posting. These tracks are selected by an algorithm that returns recommendations through a network of relations and interactions on SoundCloud (for example a user liked a track, a user followed another user, a track is reposted etc.). The recommendations for a track can be both directly or indirectly related to tracks in this network.

Unfortunately, there's not a way to remove recommended tracks from your individual sound's page at this time. Our developers are currently working on ways to improve the related sounds feature to be more relevant to your profile and uploaded sounds. I will go ahead and forward your concern about recommended tracks for our engineers to consider, as your interest in SoundCloud and your ability to use it properly is important to us.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this issue.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Cheers,
Mathis
Userlevel 1
Thanks for your response Mathis, I'll be looking forward.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Continuous Playback..

How can I limit playback to the one song I link to or at least the one playlist?
So I've been sent to file 86. I will assume since this was done by a moderator who evidently has no technical expertise, there is no answer to my question.
Userlevel 1
If this is going to stay this way I'm going to leave soundcloud. Same reason I stopped using myspace after they 'redesigned' the site to be more music centric. Translation: they push a bunch of crap at you regardless of your own thoughts and desires. Frankly I find it rude and obnoxious. Believe it or not I actually know what I want to hear and when I want to hear it. And so do my friends. It's just insulting any time some algorithm claims to 'know' my tastes and desires. Your not 'promoting' artists, just yourselves. You want to be a music streaming service now so you're trying to force people to 'enjoy' your content. Instead you're pushing some of us out the door. Why can't we be allowed to choose whether or not to be 'entertained' by your data mining algorithm ?
I agree with Tom. When I want my tracks to be played, I do not want to listen to some moron whining about his job. I don't care about him and I don't care about his story, I want to listen to the stuff I want to listen!
If this is going to stay this way I'm going to leave soundcloud. Same reason I stopped using myspace after they 'redesigned' the site to be more music centric. Translation: they push a bunch of crap at you regardless of your own thoughts and desires. Frankly I find it rude and obnoxious. Believe it or not I actually know what I want to hear and when I want to hear it. And so do my friends. It's just insulting any time some algorithm claims to 'know' my tastes and desires. Your not 'promoting' artists, just yourselves. You want to be a music streaming service now so you're trying to force people to 'enjoy' your content. Instead you're pushing some of us out the door. Why can't we be allowed to choose whether or not to be 'entertained' by your data mining algorithm ?
Thank you! Much agreed! Renders Soundcloud useless for my purposes also.
Thank you! Much agreed! Renders Soundcloud useless for my purposes also.

its been 2 years since first issue... has this not been "fixed" yet ? im having the same problem... wth ? a project with more than 2 years focused on 1 thing,... shouldn't be difficult to implement an option on this matter. i only want to listen to the songs i have on my playlist i created. 😞 i don't even like the ones that come up after (and the player doesnt even show up, i cant turn the volume up or down or anything... ????? !! please peepz...
AGREED!!! I want to play songs from my playlist only. What's the purpose of creating a playlist when you have to listen to other songs that i have no interest listening to... Why did i spend my valuable time to create this and cant just repeat the list... so stupid. If this is going to stay this way I'm going to leave soundcloud. Same reason I stopped using myspace after they 'redesigned' the site to be more music centric. Translation: they push a bunch of crap at you regardless of your own thoughts and desires. Frankly I find it rude and obnoxious. Believe it or not I actually know what I want to hear and when I want to hear it. And so do my friends. It's just insulting any time some algorithm claims to 'know' my tastes and desires. Your not 'promoting' artists, just yourselves. You want to be a music streaming service now so you're trying to force people to 'enjoy' your content. Instead you're pushing some of us out the door. Why can't we be allowed to choose whether or not to be 'entertained' by your data mining algorithm ?
I’m having this trouble too. I have a soothing piano playlist that I tried to listen to when I couldn’t sleep one night. When the songs were over, it started playing rap music, which woke me right back up again. I would venture to say the algorithms aren’t working well. Having the suggested songs really does limit the functionality of the app for me. I understand that some people like to hear random music, but for me, the whole point of a playlist is that I want to hear *just those songs*.
Kgbjg
Funny thing is, in the "Next Up" list on the bottom right, there is an option called "Autoplay station" that solves our issue.
BUT.... This is soundcloud we are talking about, so of course there is a catch, the option (a switch button) is located at the bottom of the list (you have to scroll down to the end of the list), and if the option is turned on the list just keeps going on and on because of the "genius" algorithm that adds to your "Next Up" list automatically. Hence, you would then scroll down endlessly to catch this option, and it will simply just run away :-D

I mean it's simple, if I click on a playlist that I created, I FRIKKIN' DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING BUT THIS PLAYLIST. Is it so hard?!?!?!?!?!
I have a solution for you all. It's not perfect but it'll solve the problem, since we know SoundCloud won't. I have created 12 minutes of silence and posted the track here. Feel free to attach this to the end of your playlists. You'll have 12 minutes before the annoying bots start playing something else.
I have a solution for you all. It's not perfect but it'll solve the problem, since we know SoundCloud won't. I have created 12 minutes of silence and posted the track here. Feel free to attach this to the end of your playlists. You'll have 12 minutes before the annoying bots start playing something else.
Thanks (Y)