Question

I've been getting these annoying spam bots in my likes and followers... They come in hoards of 5-20.

• 22 October 2015
  • 81 replies

Show first post

81 replies

Would it be possible to get those spam likes removed off my track? I have reported all of the ones that followed / liked my track.
They are scraping every song that is uploaded and liking. Smdh...
This is annoying now! It happens every 12 or so minutes after i upload a track. I thought likes were cool but this is really annoying and to be honest, a little scary.
lets hope they get rid of it today
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Frank,

I'm writing to you directly because I know you have been following the issue very closely. I want to let you know that we recognise the fake accounts primarily through image detection. However, this group of especially stubborn spammers are changing their image everyday. Also, they are using real emails to sign up and typing in the captchas, in other words, we detect and delete them once they are on the platform but this unfortunately means that users are still seeing them in the brief time that the accounts are online.

We are not giving up though and continuing to work out how we can stay ahead.

Thanks for keeping in touch and supporting. Trust me, they annoy us just as much as they annoy the community,
Gina
Great to see that the team are working to eliminate this scourge. Good luck to you all in your efforts to protect us and the site!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Thanks for the support Mando, would be wonderful if these spammers quit their day job.

Gina
How to I rid the bogus likes ? .... for some reason, the listing of LIKES contains the spammers owner names, and I have blocked each one, and checked both boxes to also report the spam, but the bogus likes are STILL there, and the bogus owner names are STILL THERE .... Change the scripts to allow US to boot and erase bogus likes .... I could easily erase every one of them if you would just let us control our environment a little more .... give us a check box by each like, and a DELETE button to delete them, if we so choose .... It's better than the system as it stands now .... Go check my likes for my latest upload ... pure spam ....
For the record: the bogus likes have been removed ... You still need to provide tools so users can manage these abusers on their own ... Let us delete them
How to I rid the bogus likes ? .... for some reason, the listing of LIKES contains the spammers owner names, and I have blocked each one, and checked both boxes to also report the spam, but the bogus likes are STILL there, and the bogus owner names are STILL THERE .... Change the scripts to allow US to boot and erase bogus likes .... I could easily erase every one of them if you would just let us control our environment a little more .... give us a check box by each like, and a DELETE button to delete them, if we so choose .... It's better than the system as it stands now .... Go check my likes for my latest upload ... pure spam ....
Yes, I agree. Admin have been pretty good at getting rid of them, but they still show for a day or so before someone gets around to it. Should not be difficult to make us a tool so that we can remove a "like".
Wow, so don't use their site to get more plays?
Just starting today we are getting spam likes and fake plays. For example, we have had 230 plays today, when usually we get around 10. And we've gotten 260 likes today.

Soundcloud --what are you doing to help your customers? This is ruining our stats and forcing us to look around for a new host for our podcast.

-Marc
This is a corruption of a website ... Snark against users is unnecessary ... They have a legitimate complaint ...
It seems to me you cannot get rid of the spammers, please give us tools so we can delete all the filthy likes.
I have now emailed to trust <at> soundcloud.com. This is the first response I got. It is not helpful.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey there,Thanks for taking the time to write back in about this.
However, I have just reviewed the accounts that you're referring to here and and related accounts and they don't seem to be showing any of the signs we typically associate with fake accounts. They have sign up IP addresses that are individual to them, normally fake accounts are made en masse from a single or limited range of ip addresses. I also couldn't see that they have engaged in anything that could be spammy behavior in terms of the tracks they have liked or reposted
If there are any other accounts that you're concerned about please let us know.
Best, Tom
I have now emailed to trust <at> soundcloud.com. This is the first response I got. It is not helpful.
However, I have just reviewed the accounts that you're referring to here and and related accounts and they don't seem to be showing any of the signs we typically associate with fake accounts. They have sign up IP addresses that are individual to them, normally fake accounts are made en masse from a single or limited range of ip addresses. I also couldn't see that they have engaged in anything that could be spammy behavior in terms of the tracks they have liked or reposted
Best, Tom

I responded to Soundcloud with this email:

Please see the list below. It shows the subjects and date/time received for all ‘like’ notifications we received on October 27. I believe that all these people are either spammers or their sound cloud accounts were setup and triggered by some kind of automated bot process. I believe this to be the case because we never have gotten more than 1 or 2 likes in a day, and if you look at when these in the list were received they are tightly bunched together indicating an automatic process. In addition, look at our plays for October 27, you will notice a similar patterned play setup. All the tracks were played an even number of times yesterday. This just wouldn’t happen if the tracks were played by humans. <<<note -- in the email back to souindcloud, i included a list of the usernames from the 600 of the spam like emails i got yesterday.>>>>
Best, Tom

I received an email back from the Trust departnment at soundcloud.

Summary: the users who performed the 600 likes we got on Oct 27 did nothing that indicates that they are spammers. I've included the full response below.

It feels like soundcloud trust is getting lost in the forest for the trees. In other words, yes if they look at each user, each may look like they are acting within the soundcloud guidelines. however, step back and look at the pattern all these users created as a whole.

For example, see this screen capture: http://screencast.com/t/gjOgGP8K. It shows a pattern of likes that is clear to me a spammer is at work. my theory is that it is on spammer with a smart bot that creates accounts and performs activities from various IP addresses. I think this because we saw the big spike in Likes on Oct 27 AND each of our episodes was liked a very similar amount of times. These two patterns put this as being more than coincidence.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Best, Tom

Hi Station Wagon,

Thanks for your feedback. The Trust and Safety team are managing a huge spike in spam reports and at the same time rethinking our Spam detection processes. Generally this bug spike is from a very obvious source, their profile image reads "Buy followers, plays etc". If you have individual accounts that you suspect of spamming but they are not the spammers that I referred to then please revisit the conversation with Trust and Safety as ultimately they are able to investigate each and every account on SoundCloud.

Thanks,
Gina
Best, Tom

which is the email of your safety and security team? i have the same problem!
Yhm.. I didn't ever used promotion sites and I have this issue too.
Same Here! Just go like 7 of them. One after the other. I've blocked many of them and reported but, they still come. Hope Soundcloud figures it all out.. This shit really is getting on my last nerves to point of just staying off of soundcloud for a while.
Userlevel 2
Same. I upload a track, count until 10 and receive a fake "like".
Hi all,

We are very aware of this incredibly annoying issue that is hitting the platform hard. We have a pretty good method of detecting the batches once their accounts get activated but we haven't managed to block their access from signing up without blocking legitimate accounts. Keep reporting as this ensures that none get passed us but also know that our Trust and Safety team is trying to get one step ahead so this ugliness doesn't show up on your accounts.

Thanks for everyone's patience,
Gina

how long do you want to fight this problem? It's been 4-5 fn months, and you did nothing... oh, maby i'm oversaying. Maby you did something and these bots constantly making new fake accounts...

Kinetic, it's not the good choise to ban users with these lines, cause they can make new accounts with pictures of people from stock market and google images. THey should probably do something like filter?
Userlevel 1
Best, Tom

I have suggested it but it'll probably go against the freedom of bots rights or something. One way to stop individual accounts from being bombarded with fake followers and fake comments is to stop them at the door. Give account holders the ability to go "auto" or "manual". Auto works like this... I don't care about bots and fakies, hit me with them and I spend my valuable time clicking the two boxes and or deleting comments. Manual works like this...stop (fake) accounts from being able to automatically follow me and post whatever garbage they like on my choons, unless I allow them access. Job done. Until bots start being human.
AND, allow us the option to delete muted users from our list of muted users.
https://soundcloud.com/yungarti/sets
I think they should use captcha for users who just signed up, for any future comments, upto a certain point say when the users start posting some tracks. Beyond that, if the user, uses his/her account to grant access to bots and if someone else reports that to soundcloud, they should be permanently removed or given some notice..This however does not cover the case when a user's account credentials is stolen.
Plug Ft. Digg$$$$[Prod.Simplex Beats] - SoundCloud - Listen to Plug Ft. Digg$$$$[Prod.Simplex Beats] by DmaGotDaJuice #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/dmadakilla/plu...