Question

I've been getting these annoying spam bots in my likes and followers... They come in hoards of 5-20.

• 22 October 2015
  • 81 replies

Show first post

81 replies

In the last three days I've had probably 30 bots follow and all like the same three tracks. It's pretty bad.
They are scraping every song that is uploaded and liking. Smdh...
https://soundcloud.com/yungarti/sets
Me too. 20-30 in the last few days. Same three tracks. They are all ostensibly female. Most have account photos but no tracks or activity.

In the past I have noticed the occasional spam follow/like (usually with a link to a dating/sex site), but they'd only crop up 2 or 3 times a year. The sudden trend of bot activity over the last few days is something I've never experienced before. What's going on?
I hate to be that guy, but I literally just don't have enough time keep up with these bots so I'm just gonna try out Bandcamp for a while. Their model seems to work with the new music business a lot better.
Hi all,

We are very aware of this incredibly annoying issue that is hitting the platform hard. We have a pretty good method of detecting the batches once their accounts get activated but we haven't managed to block their access from signing up without blocking legitimate accounts. Keep reporting as this ensures that none get passed us but also know that our Trust and Safety team is trying to get one step ahead so this ugliness doesn't show up on your accounts.

Thanks for everyone's patience,
Gina

Make them need a captcha at signup/login! IT'S NOT THAT HARD GINA.
Its been 9 months since SC bothered replying.. my main activity on SC this last year has been to block and report all SPAM bots. Whether the term spam bot is accurate or not we dont care.. we know what we mean and we all can tell from the photo who is a spam bot.. always a gorgeous female.. The main problem is the sites that are there allowing us to buy plays and likes etc.. they have no sense of shame but this is life.. sure that may be all legal but its really POINTLESS.. I even used it once to see if it works and wtf is going on... yeah I did get my 10000 likes or whatever in hours ... [by machine no doubt] but I felt pathetic and deleted the track 🙂 what is the point when they are not genuine? thats some stupid psychology.. artists know you paid for the likes they can tell by your profile and track plays etc... maybe the average user will not know and think WOW ! click play.... but to artists.. youre an idiot and desperate. Those sites need to be bombed and deleted. lol
It started as one... a single spam account, now everytime I upload a new track, 10-15 of these bastards immediately like the track and follow me, it's annoying as poo... I try to block every one as soon as they follow/like...
How to I rid the bogus likes ? .... for some reason, the listing of LIKES contains the spammers owner names, and I have blocked each one, and checked both boxes to also report the spam, but the bogus likes are STILL there, and the bogus owner names are STILL THERE .... Change the scripts to allow US to boot and erase bogus likes .... I could easily erase every one of them if you would just let us control our environment a little more .... give us a check box by each like, and a DELETE button to delete them, if we so choose .... It's better than the system as it stands now .... Go check my likes for my latest upload ... pure spam ....
I just got a dumb hoard of 30
I am experiencing this too - I posted a song about 5 minutes ago and already it has 26 likes (see pictures) - and no plays. It's quite frustrating as I don't want to be seen as someone who buys likes but when this happens...ugg.

Yep same problem here, 21 likes from them in 3 minutes,, and at the same time 21 followers,, and yah,, soundcloud is going to get problems

1* my follower counter does'nt work correctly
2* play counter does'nt work correctly
3* deleting 4 tracks cuz i uploaded a track from 3 minutes and i had 4 minutes left ( now i have 16 minutes left ) and even now i can't upload i uploaded with the classic one

( the 3th problem is the most problem for me ) get it often
but the 2nd problems 1 & 2 is through that crazy EZfollowers )
I started to get them as well, as of 25th October 2014. meep
sorry, meant 2015
As much as they are annoying, I actually enjoy having them like my tracks. I know they're fake, but come on, they're the only ones that have liked/followed.
Thats ridiculous they clearly dont give a f about our tracks..
Maybe we all should just be forced to leave a comment of constructive criticism on our tracks before following or bothering anyone.. or just go away 🙂 likes are great but lazy its not really feedback. As for these users / bots / whatever they are.. they use the same pictures all the time even if they are different its pretty obvious to a HUMAN. They must be earning something somewhere or its just pointless. You need physical people to go looking and delete them all daily. Seriously if you wish to give me a job I will do it daily you can pay me @ paypal ! ? 🙂 lol
Hitting you too, then... Gahhh I'm just really losing it because I have a really short temper-
Download Movie copy and paste Link▬►►► https://t.co/0Q7a9OBTfE

Just checked my latest upload this morning, all the fake likes from the SPAM bots are gone. Thanks to whoever it was in admin that did this! 🙂
I actually am getting both the picture accounts and like and follows from people who commonly have female pictures with a single uploaded track labeled how to get free likes and plays. I got over 200 songs and I really need to know who is real and fake as I create more content 😨
Hi all,

We are very aware of this incredibly annoying issue that is hitting the platform hard. We have a pretty good method of detecting the batches once their accounts get activated but we haven't managed to block their access from signing up without blocking legitimate accounts. Keep reporting as this ensures that none get passed us but also know that our Trust and Safety team is trying to get one step ahead so this ugliness doesn't show up on your accounts.

Gina

Hi Gina, all of these comments were 5 months ago but having become relatively active in the past few weeks, clearly not much has changed. Surely the answer is some character recognition type security... and/or I don't get this problem on Facebook or LinkedIn so what do they know that we don't?

Thx

FunkiNova
Download Movie copy and paste Link▬►►► https://t.co/0Q7a9OBTfE

Hi all,

Gina

how long do you want to fight this problem? It's been 4-5 fn months, and you did nothing... oh, maby i'm oversaying. Maby you did something and these bots constantly making new fake accounts...

Kinetic, it's not the good choise to ban users with these lines, cause they can make new accounts with pictures of people from stock market and google images. THey should probably do something like filter?
I have now emailed to trust <at> soundcloud.com. This is the first response I got. It is not helpful.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey there,Thanks for taking the time to write back in about this.
However, I have just reviewed the accounts that you're referring to here and and related accounts and they don't seem to be showing any of the signs we typically associate with fake accounts. They have sign up IP addresses that are individual to them, normally fake accounts are made en masse from a single or limited range of ip addresses. I also couldn't see that they have engaged in anything that could be spammy behavior in terms of the tracks they have liked or reposted
If there are any other accounts that you're concerned about please let us know.
Best, Tom

I received an email back from the Trust departnment at soundcloud.

Summary: the users who performed the 600 likes we got on Oct 27 did nothing that indicates that they are spammers. I've included the full response below.

It feels like soundcloud trust is getting lost in the forest for the trees. In other words, yes if they look at each user, each may look like they are acting within the soundcloud guidelines. however, step back and look at the pattern all these users created as a whole.

For example, see this screen capture: http://screencast.com/t/gjOgGP8K. It shows a pattern of likes that is clear to me a spammer is at work. my theory is that it is on spammer with a smart bot that creates accounts and performs activities from various IP addresses. I think this because we saw the big spike in Likes on Oct 27 AND each of our episodes was liked a very similar amount of times. These two patterns put this as being more than coincidence.
So every day I come over to my account to check my notifications. Pretty much every time I open my notifications, I get like 10+ Notifications from these bots with an icon saying "VISIT EZFOLLOWERS.XYZ AND GET 10,000 PLAYS NOW!" with yellow text, a blue background , varying colored stripes at the bottom, and with a black dot at the upper right. I'm not interested in fake views. I'm sick of these, because I go to my notifications hoping for a comment or something like that, and what do I see? THAT FREAKING BLUE ICON TIMES 20. I'm definitely getting crazy here, but I've had it with these. I know the people who work for this website are trying to get rid of spam followers, but these specific ones come in hoards, and it would be nice if they could try to focus on getting rid of them to improve the experience for the people who use this site to upload.

Here's an example of what I've had happen. Once I got 20 of these crowded on one track, but currently there are 7 on this, assuming they haven't been deleted yet.

every track i upload gets liked by these "sound viral" bots. the only difference is that theyre using orange.
Hi. Same thing happened to me today on a new upload: 1 play, 16 likes, and a bunch of spam followers.