Question

I've been getting these annoying spam bots in my likes and followers... They come in hoards of 5-20.

• 22 October 2015
  • 81 replies

Show first post

81 replies

Gina,

Isn't it possible to, ok it's brute, but isn't it possible to block new signups for some time untill the admins find a way to stop them forever, I think that would be much more pleasant for you admins and focus on a system preventing this crap... so you don't lose your mind on constantly removing new spam accounts, cuz the bots will always stay ahead this way.

and when the signup is closed we get rid of the spam likes/shares/comments everybody happy.
They are scraping every song that is uploaded and liking. Smdh...
Just had this problem too as I uploaded a new track. E-mailed SoundCloud to report this and will now go to blocking them.
Userlevel 1
I have now emailed to trust <at> soundcloud.com. This is the first response I got. It is not helpful.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey there,Thanks for taking the time to write back in about this.
However, I have just reviewed the accounts that you're referring to here and and related accounts and they don't seem to be showing any of the signs we typically associate with fake accounts. They have sign up IP addresses that are individual to them, normally fake accounts are made en masse from a single or limited range of ip addresses. I also couldn't see that they have engaged in anything that could be spammy behavior in terms of the tracks they have liked or reposted
If there are any other accounts that you're concerned about please let us know.
Best, Tom

I have suggested it but it'll probably go against the freedom of bots rights or something. One way to stop individual accounts from being bombarded with fake followers and fake comments is to stop them at the door. Give account holders the ability to go "auto" or "manual". Auto works like this... I don't care about bots and fakies, hit me with them and I spend my valuable time clicking the two boxes and or deleting comments. Manual works like this...stop (fake) accounts from being able to automatically follow me and post whatever garbage they like on my choons, unless I allow them access. Job done. Until bots start being human.
AND, allow us the option to delete muted users from our list of muted users.
Userlevel 2
To SoundCloud : look at this person robot : the 512 reposters are spammers like her it. Delete them and you will a little be clean the world.
Yeah wth is going on
As much as they are annoying, I actually enjoy having them like my tracks. I know they're fake, but come on, they're the only ones that have liked/followed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi all,

We are very aware of this incredibly annoying issue that is hitting the platform hard. We have a pretty good method of detecting the batches once their accounts get activated but we haven't managed to block their access from signing up without blocking legitimate accounts. Keep reporting as this ensures that none get passed us but also know that our Trust and Safety team is trying to get one step ahead so this ugliness doesn't show up on your accounts.

Thanks for everyone's patience,
Gina

Hi there Subaru,

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll make sure to forward those to our Trust & Safety team. They continue to work on methods to prevent spam / bots from happening in the first place.
Userlevel 1
Same issue here. I was excited when I had plays and likes only minutes after uploading my tracks, then dismayed to find that all of these "likes" were nothing more than spam bots, apparently scraping or scanning for uploads then creating this false like and play of my track. All they want is to try and sell me "fake" likes and traffic for my songs, which would only cost me money and give me no real fans at all.
Userlevel 1
Hi all,

We are very aware of this incredibly annoying issue that is hitting the platform hard. We have a pretty good method of detecting the batches once their accounts get activated but we haven't managed to block their access from signing up without blocking legitimate accounts. Keep reporting as this ensures that none get passed us but also know that our Trust and Safety team is trying to get one step ahead so this ugliness doesn't show up on your accounts.

Thanks for everyone's patience,
Gina

Hi Gina,

I can say that I never had this problem in the past (year or so ago). But today I uploaded 3 tracks of mine, and all three had "likes" and "plays" within minutes from what I thought were legitimate users. But when I clicked on these supposed "fans" I could see that all of them were just simply marketers, trying to sell me "likes" and "fans" for my soundcloud account. I'd rather have no fans than these scam fans, thanks.
Would it be possible to get those spam likes removed off my track? I have reported all of the ones that followed / liked my track.
This is annoying now! It happens every 12 or so minutes after i upload a track. I thought likes were cool but this is really annoying and to be honest, a little scary.
lets hope they get rid of it today
I have had this problem since at least 2011-12 and I have come to the conclusion: soundcloud does not care. If soundcloud does care, please prove me wrong! Or state your case and why I should believe it as a paying user. Because from a long time users perspective, and technical background, I can not name one evidence of counter-measure that I've seen in my soundcloud experience on soundcloud's part. Anecdotally, bot users are still counted as users when platforms talk figures with other business parties, so it works from a profitability standpoint of showing off growth, "this year we saw 024582398 new users favoriting 952385928293859 tracks," and I would guess bots still do it because some people are actually interested in paying to boost their music, or whatever is going on there.. Another thing I heard once is that sometimes a writer buys 50% of their own books just to stand out from other new books. But if I was writing books I'd still just care about writing the book. Anyway, whatever's going on here, it sucks for users and it would be nice if soundcloud stood for something.
I have now emailed to trust <at> soundcloud.com. This is the first response I got. It is not helpful.
However, I have just reviewed the accounts that you're referring to here and and related accounts and they don't seem to be showing any of the signs we typically associate with fake accounts. They have sign up IP addresses that are individual to them, normally fake accounts are made en masse from a single or limited range of ip addresses. I also couldn't see that they have engaged in anything that could be spammy behavior in terms of the tracks they have liked or reposted
Best, Tom

which is the email of your safety and security team? i have the same problem!

these people arent even TRYING. blocking an image would be the easiest thing… they dont do that.
they also can flag an IP address. they dont.

here’s another novel thing to do….GIVE SOUNDCLOUD BACK TO US AND NOT THE LABEL BACKED ARTISTS because BEFORE you pandered to the labels, we had Soundcloud GROUPS and then WE were able to keep out spammers because WE Controlled who was in the group...How about THAT? this site was the last site for the common man. Youtube died years ago and is now the taylor swift, SNL, jimmy kimmel dot com website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Best, Tom

Hi Station Wagon,

Thanks for your feedback. The Trust and Safety team are managing a huge spike in spam reports and at the same time rethinking our Spam detection processes. Generally this bug spike is from a very obvious source, their profile image reads "Buy followers, plays etc". If you have individual accounts that you suspect of spamming but they are not the spammers that I referred to then please revisit the conversation with Trust and Safety as ultimately they are able to investigate each and every account on SoundCloud.

Thanks,
Gina
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
lets hope they get rid of it today
Thanks for the support Mando, would be wonderful if these spammers quit their day job.

Gina
For me at least, this problem has now stopped. No more daily spam-likes. And my 30 new 'followers' have disappeared.

Good news!

However this solution came about - thank you!
Download Movie copy and paste Link▬►►► https://t.co/0Q7a9OBTfE

Userlevel 2
Same. I upload a track, count until 10 and receive a fake "like".

HEY THIS IS PREETY COOL BUT AYE AYE AYOU SHOULD CHECK OUT MY TRACK ITS A WHOLE VIBE soundcloud.com/cartiergleam/finer-things ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Wow, so don't use their site to get more plays?

Yhm.. I didn't ever used promotion sites and I have this issue too.