Question

I've blocked an artist but it's still showing up on my feed.

I am getting sick of this artist on my soundclound feed. I really don't like his style but for some reason he just keeps appearing on my page, via shares from other people I'm following or just his feed himself.

PLEASE LET ME COMPLETELY BLOCK AN ARTIST. I am sick an tired of GAWTBASS showing up on my feed. I made the mistake of favoring one of his tracks and now have a completely saturated feed and I can't seem to get rid of it. I went to his page and blocked him yet he's still showing up. I don't want to see reshares from people I'm following just block it completely.

I'm so sick of seeing this dude on my feed, his music is like jamming a fork in my ear. Make it stop.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Skunchy,

Thanks for posting, I certainly don't want your SoundCloud experience to be compared to a fork in your ear. If you have unfollowed the user then all of his tracks should automatically drop off your stream. Can you make sure he is indeed not in your following list?

Also, just to clarify blocking a user means that person can no longer follow you, like your sounds, repost your sounds, send you messages, share sounds with you, post new comments on your sounds and nor will you receive email notifications from them. If any of these actions are still occurring, please let me know!

However, please note that blocking an account will not remove any previous interactions, or notifications, you had with them and as all profiles are public they will still be able to view your profile and listen to your sounds.

If, the problem is that other people you follow are reposting the blocked user's sounds then i'm afraid there is nothing we can do about that unless you want to unfollow those users as well. I'm happy to share this as a suggestion to our trust and safety team to see if we can implement this in the future.

Hopefully this makes sense and helps. Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

Best,
Gina
Yes that would be the feature I'm looking for that isn't available. Can you possibly make this a feature request in the future? "Hide artist from feed" so reshares of artists I don't enjoy don't show up on my feed? Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

I'll definitely share this to our web team to take into consideration in future updates. Thanks again for letting us know your thoughts on this.

Cheers,
Gina
Userlevel 1
I agree with Skunchy. I am having a similar problem with the recommendations that automatically pop up after one of my tracks have been played. We should be able to control what pops up on our tracks or disable that option all together.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Dez,

Thanks for jumping into this thread with your feedback. Just to give you some more information, the option to remove recommended tracks or replace them with your own tracks is an option available to our Pro users on the embedded player. Also, these tracks are selected by an algorithm that returns recommendations through a network of relations and interactions on SoundCloud (for example a user liked a track, a user followed another user, a track is reposted etc.). The recommendations for a track can be both directly or indirectly related to tracks in this network.

We're working on this feature and making the recommendations more relevant to your profile since we get feedback from users that really like the feature because it helps them to discover new music and feedback like yours, from users who are not fans.

Thanks again. It means a lot to hear back from our users. Please let me know if I can help in any other way.

-Gina
Hi Skunchy,

Thanks for posting, I certainly don't want your SoundCloud experience to be compared to a fork in your ear. If you have unfollowed the user then all of his tracks should automatically drop off your stream. Can you make sure he is indeed not in your following list?

Also, just to clarify blocking a user means that person can no longer follow you, like your sounds, repost your sounds, send you messages, share sounds with you, post new comments on your sounds and nor will you receive email notifications from them. If any of these actions are still occurring, please let me know!

However, please note that blocking an account will not remove any previous interactions, or notifications, you had with them and as all profiles are public they will still be able to view your profile and listen to your sounds.

If, the problem is that other people you follow are reposting the blocked user's sounds then i'm afraid there is nothing we can do about that unless you want to unfollow those users as well. I'm happy to share this as a suggestion to our trust and safety team to see if we can implement this in the future.

Hopefully this makes sense and helps. Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

Best,
Gina

I'm now in a similar predicament! I have misunderstood a player's tastes in music and sent him a track which is not to his 'flava'. He's made it clear about this. I have now blocked him, since I don't want any negative responses from them. I'm unable to 'unfollow' him! I want rid! I don't like looking at his profile, or being reminded of it!
What are the procedures that I need to take to eliminate him from all of my categories?
Also to jump in here, I'm having a similar issue. Some of the pages (let's call them 'Account A') I follow keep reposting tracks from this other artist ('Account B'). Even though I've blocked 'Account B' it does not prevent me from having his tracks added to my stream if 'Account A' reposts his tracks. I don't want to have to unfollow 'Account A' just to stop seeing tracks from 'Account B'.

Can blocks please extend to people sharing their content?

Thanks,

Hannah
Hi,

I'll definitely share this to our web team to take into consideration in future updates. Thanks again for letting us know your thoughts on this.

Cheers,
Gina

PLEASE MAKE THIS CHANGE
I AM SICK OF SEEING CERTAIN PEOPLE IN MY NEWS FEED
OR SEEING THEIR COMMENTS EVERYWHERE
Please let me block people completely so that I can't even see their comments
Please
It's not that complicated
please do it
Having exactly the same problem with GAWTBASS. Blocked them two weeks ago and I'm still forced to watch their posts on my stream. Sick of it.

Kamil.
similar issue here. I've "un-followed" an artist, but i'm still seeing his past posts on my feed. does un-following only block future posts while leaving their history on your feed? if so is there a way to fix this?? this certain artist shares songs that i am not into, but i do like what they produce. It's too bad i have to un-follow him because of he sharing preferences, but you gotta do what you gotta do i guess....
I do not want to block the artist I favored, bu would only like to see his original tracks on my feed, and not countless tracks he reposts or likes.... as my whole feed is jammed up with his shares, instead of his originals or any other original favoured and followed by myself.
How do I get rid of all the vulgar explicit rap crap that shows up on my page? It's listed as related or trending, but I don't care to listen to it. I'm writing classical music.
I might end up closing my account because of this. E
the ability to block a user entirely would be a welcomed change in my eyes. Especially since people are more than willing to sell reposts and such to the highest bidder. Having someone's music shoved down your throat can only be solved by unfollowing the pages that repost them, which sucks because especially in my case, I like their music.
It has been 4 years since this thread was started and the same issue still exists! What are all the soundcloud devs doing? Well, besides adding insane amounts of ads to the mobile platform and making such poor use of resources my iPhone frequently overheats and the Soundcloud app crashes while trying to play ads.

There are a few artists I can't stand who are constantly reposted by artists that I enjoy. I've blocked the artists I don't like yet the blocked artists still show on my feed if they're reposted by someone else. This behavior makes no sense. Please consider making a blocked artist disappear from the feed regardless of who posts it.