Answered

Is a dark theme going to made available for embedded (iframe) widgets?

• 13 February 2015
  • 2 replies

A couple of years ago there was some developer talk that a dark theme would be made available for the iframe HTML5 widget. There is currently background color customization for the Flash widget, but currently only a white theme for HTML5. I actually see quite a few people asking this question via Google search, but as of yet, no indication from the developer side whether this will ever be realized....except developer forum replies in 2012 that "we are looking into this".

A dark HTML5 theme is currently used on iOS and Android players, and curious why this same option hasn't been made available on the desktop side. Is this just a matter of CSS options on your end? I do see quite a few wordpress music themes opting for a non-soundcloud player - with notes from the theme developer that the *white* HTML5 widget wouldn't fit in the color scheme of their theme. And the API hack doesn't seem to allow customization of the background theme color (or transparent option) without breaking the entire player.

If no dark theme option is going to be made available, curious if you could state this in a reply so I can move to another widget service on my site (and also advise other artists who are also curious about this).

Thanks for any help.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 16 February 2015, 15:00

Hey there.

Thanks for posting on the help forum. Mhh, let's see - currently, there are no immediate plans to release a dark themed html5 embedded player. Yet, I'd recommend to review this conversation on the forum to learn how to best forward feature requests to us so we can streamline to the relevant product teams.

Cheers,
Mathis
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there.

Thanks for posting on the help forum. Mhh, let's see - currently, there are no immediate plans to release a dark themed html5 embedded player. Yet, I'd recommend to review this conversation on the forum to learn how to best forward feature requests to us so we can streamline to the relevant product teams.

Cheers,
Mathis