Answered

Is it possible to Embed Soundcloud tracks / playlists in eBay listings?

• 25 March 2015
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Just like the title says: Is it possible to Embed Soundcloud tracks / playlists in eBay listings? Does the eBay API allow for embeds or is there better way to have this done. For example, you can embed YouTube Videos on your listings using an older embed code.. Would be great if there is a work around for SoundCloud. I would like to do this b/c I want to use eBay as another way to sell Music.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 26 March 2015, 11:23

Hi there Faded Shadows,

That's a good question - thanks for posting on our help forum. Whether or not you can use our embedded player on a website depends on the html compatibility of the hosting website (eBay). Hmm, I've researched this, and it looks like they do not allow for HTML5 content to be part of your item subscriptions.

Thus, in order to weigh your options about this, I'd recommend to get in touch with eBay direclty - I'm sure they have a legitimate reason for not allowing specific elements as part of the item description, but who knows - maybe yours is a good feature request for them.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Faded Shadows,

That's a good question - thanks for posting on our help forum. Whether or not you can use our embedded player on a website depends on the html compatibility of the hosting website (eBay). Hmm, I've researched this, and it looks like they do not allow for HTML5 content to be part of your item subscriptions.

Thus, in order to weigh your options about this, I'd recommend to get in touch with eBay direclty - I'm sure they have a legitimate reason for not allowing specific elements as part of the item description, but who knows - maybe yours is a good feature request for them.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis