Answered

Is Soundcloud compatible with IE 11?

• 30 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Hello. I am having issues with playback on the browser version, tracks buffer but won't proceed with playback. I am using stock standard (no plug-ins) I.E.11 on windows7 with an up-to-date flash player. What could the cause of this issue be? Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 31 January 2018, 14:35

Hi there,

Hmm, odd! It should be fully compatible w/ IE11, yes. By plug-ins, do you mean things like AdBlock, HTTPS Everywhere and the likes? What happens when you try a different browser, or a private window of your IE browser. Does SoundCloud work properly now? Have you set up a proxy server of any sort, or VPN?

Just some ideas around isolating the root cause. I hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, odd! It should be fully compatible w/ IE11, yes. By plug-ins, do you mean things like AdBlock, HTTPS Everywhere and the likes? What happens when you try a different browser, or a private window of your IE browser. Does SoundCloud work properly now? Have you set up a proxy server of any sort, or VPN?

Just some ideas around isolating the root cause. I hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
Mathis Hi back at ya!

Well I followed your advice and starting with the IE11 Inprivate suggestion which made no difference. However plan B worked, it appears the software prefers Firefox above IE11. Who would have figured?!

Thank you for your prompt response to my query.

Take care,
Alex.