Question

Just static on windows 10

Currently using the windows 10 app beta from the windows store but all i get is static for every track I found this post a few minutes ago that has yet to get a answer but is the same issue
https://soundcloudcommunity.com/desktop-230066/only-crackling-noise-in-windows-10-beta-app-when-using-logitech-g933-with-logitech-gaming-software-7361948

im using a Logitech G933 wireless spectrum RGB 7.1 surround sound headset plugged into my PC with the USB adapter

2 replies

I'm using a Logitech G633 headset. This isn't a static noise issue, but may be related to my issue of no sound at all. Here's what I've been bumping in various threads: The only hack I know so far is to make sure the headset is unplugged before opening the app. Once open, I can begin playing a song. Once the song is playing, I can plug my headset back in and when Windows transfers the sound to the headset, I can hear the song, adjust volume, etc. However, trying to click on another song will result in no sound again, and may even cause the app to crash. I've tried fiddling with switching the audio source from the system tray, unplugging/plugging while the app is open, etc. I don't know if it's just my headset make and model, but it seems like maybe it's a driver issue with the app? Let's get a repair going, Soundcloud! It's time for this app to move out of beta... 😒
Yikes 7 months later and Im still having the exact same problem. Pretty blatant they dont care. I sure love being forced to throttle my system by having RAM sucker chrome open just to listen to music. Off to spotify I go.