Question

LGBT FLAG

Why there is a LGBT flag in soundcloud logo? I'm heterosexual and I feel offended

24 replies

Userlevel 2
LOL.
Userlevel 2
LOL.
too right - same way! this is a place for music not political views - i would feel offended if someone put a swastika on on my profile .
Music is the one thing that breaks boundaries without having a political focus and allows us to not pass comment .
Its seriously bad judgment thinking its acceptable to post this on our profiles .
Userlevel 2
LOL.
"Music is the one thing that breaks boundaries" - but yet you've just said yourself that you consider a 1cm logo a boundary. rrrrright?

Sorry, what were you talking about again?
Userlevel 6
Just to confirm guys that the logo is only temporary and will be back to normal at the end of the day (based on PST time zone, approx 7 hours behind GMT).

To echo Gina's statement from a previous thread that got a little out of hand on here, whilst discussion is welcome on the subject please keep it civilised guys, that's all we ask. Its entirely possible to hold differing opinions & discuss them without resorting to insults etc etc.

Thanks

DJ R.I.P
Userlevel 2
The LGBT flag does not represent me and I would rather not be associated with it. I like the service that Soundcloud offers, but I am hoping they can be reasonable in taking down the logo that only represents 1.6% of the population so that I may continue to use this service. Fortunately I believe in LOVE for all humans, but if an Islamic Radical saw this then someone might have be dropped off the roof of a building like the unfortunate gays in the middle east dealing with this prosecution on an everyday basis.
LOL.
There, there, little ones. It will be okay, Soundcloud won't have rainbow on there forever........./facepalm

Are you guys for real????? Get a grip! It's just a stupid logo. Who cares what color it is. You should be offended that your mothers didn't raise you better than that. Stop whining and pick up an instrument.
Userlevel 2
LOL.
correct - therefore leave politics and personal opinion out of music - what i am saying is i am offended by it on my space - up to you how you feel - if sound cloud becomes an engine to put across views that people do not wish to engage in perhaps it should give us notice that it will be trying to included us in their own agenda - that's a quite clear symbol and stands for only one thing - if i had an option i would not have the picture of a anyone that i had no affiliation to on my page - i have affiliation to music and those that make it not there views - if i did i would choose a site that was specific to my political views and beliefs - instead i do exactly that and listen to music - it may sound contradictory but then i am not posting my opinion on your page am i ? just on a discussion forum - so wind your neck in - They do not promote other views - Keep music that one place that people can look to forget all the bullshit that we do not believe in and use to escape together- or it becomes a serious of pigeon holing and labeling beyond the bullshit that already exists - My opinion is mine - yours is yours but this is a communal site that we have no need to express those views on without provocation .
It shows bloody arrogance on the part of Soundcloud!!
Userlevel 2
LOL.
there's a lot of arrogance in this thread, but I don't think it's coming from Soundcloud. You utter clowns make me laugh. What are you worried about?
Userlevel 2
LOL.
Stakker, please calm down. It is obvious you have a lot at stake in this movement, but respectfully not everybody has the same view point as you and it would be reciprocally respectful if you would recognize that it is ok for others to have a different opinion than you. Thank you in advance for your self restraint. 🙂
Userlevel 2
Just to confirm guys that the logo is only temporary and will be back to normal at the end of the day (based on PST time zone, approx 7 hours behind GMT).

To echo Gina's statement from a previous thread that got a little out of hand on here, whilst discussion is welcome on the subject please keep it civilised guys, that's all we ask. Its entirely possible to hold differing opinions & discuss them without resorting to insults etc etc.

Thanks

DJ R.I.P

An insult is an expression, statement (or sometimes behavior) which is disrespectful or scornful. Insults [1] may be intentional or accidental. An insult may be factual
Posting something on somebody's page without consent ?
i have not insulted anyone nor sound cloud - bad judgement on sound clouds part - we all live and learn
Userlevel 2
LOL.
Ironically I think it's you who has everything to lose. I'm just confident in my own sexuality to not be scared by the thought of other people exercising their own individuality.

This tiny logo seems to have really got to you...What are you scared of, really? Why are you so offended at the thought of basic civil rights and freedoms being extended to all?

Seems a bit weird to live in fear.
Userlevel 1
I will not be renewing my account with soundcloud seeing that it has become engaged in politics and decided to drag my personal page in with it, If soundcloud would've posted the lgbt flag on their own start page it would've been fine with me as long as it wouldn't come out on my page where my music is, I don't want my music associated with any sort of Political, sexual or racial movement it's as simple as that.. Soundcloud you took the liberty of doing this without asking your members if they wanted to be a part of it, that's just as good as putting a nazi flag or a isis flag on my page seeing that you could do anything in the up coming future and not ask me about it I have lost my trust in your service and therefore once my membership with you is up I am done and never coming back.
Userlevel 2
well said
Userlevel 2
LOL.
I apologize if I made it appear that I was in fear as that is very misleading and not true at all. My concern here is that you believe that a difference of opinion warrants attack on that individual. I just ask you respectfully tame your tongue.

I am very much in favor of civil rights and freedoms and do not believe that government regulation inhibits but rather prohibits freedom and infringes on rights. History lesson, the government put marriage licenses in effect in an attempt to prohibit interracial marriages between white and black people. I do not believe the government should be in the marriage business.

If you would like to have a fact based discussion I will be happy to oblige. I will not however continue a discussion based on feelings and commentary since often times the facts are overlooked or simply disregarded if it doesn't fit a narrative or agenda.

I do not pass judgment on individuals that want to live their lives as they wish, but I do not however agree with or want to be associated with this movement. As a consumer I have the right to choose which products and services I wish to use. I believe the Soundcloud community is greater the larger it is and it is unfortunate that they chose to draw a line in the sand and many will leave the community because they do not wish to be associated with polarized politics.

I love you Stakker and pray that you find the peace to love those that do not agree with you.

He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour. Proverbs 21:21 KJV
Userlevel 1

Thanks

DJ R.I.P

But WHY is there that flag? I checked WP and it's not LGBT day or something... what gives?
Userlevel 2
LOL.
Thank you all for your time today! I have children to serve and kingdom building to tend! Love and Grace to all!
Userlevel 1
LOL.
As a "consumer" you have an obligation to pay for the service and to swallow any "change" they do to your account. That's life, my friend, whether you like it or not. You can't come to a restaurant and say "Hey, your curtains should be blue because I'm your customer". That's laughable at best.

Userlevel 1
The problem I have with it is that it looks like a subliminal message paid by someone. If you show the gay flag, then at least post something about it on the front page. Or make users go to that special page by clicking there. Otherwise it looks like a rainbow, people could be asking questions why is there a rainbow in the logo, y'know.
I will not be renewing my account with soundcloud seeing that it has become engaged in politics and decided to drag my personal page in with it, If soundcloud would've posted the lgbt flag on their own start page it would've been fine with me as long as it wouldn't come out on my page where my music is, I don't want my music associated with any sort of Political, sexual or racial movement it's as simple as that.. Soundcloud you took the liberty of doing this without asking your members if they wanted to be a part of it, that's just as good as putting a nazi flag or a isis flag on my page seeing that you could do anything in the up coming future and not ask me about it I have lost my trust in your service and therefore once my membership with you is up I am done and never coming back.
Bye Felicia!
Userlevel 2
i know this may seem steep but i have decided to seek advice on this . its not the done done thing .Soundcloud have imposed on me a symbol that i take serious offence to - i choose not to NOT engage social media due its differing views . Without advertising its / their intentions Soundcloud has chose to force its views on us without our consent . Wether this is intentional or not it has caused people to ask why do i have this symbol on associated with me - should i really be accountable for that and any derogatory comments that follow . There are clear boundaries that are set out within guidelines - this 100% contradicts those guidelines - explain your actions please publicly .
why do i have to subjected to ridicule publicly or other wise abuse for your misjudgment .
You are supposed to be impartial
A great deal of stress has been caused within my household - question from my kids " why is the Gay flag on your soundcloud " Really should i accept this on your behalf - did your terms and conditions state that i had to accept all faith and sexual orientation before signing up ?.
The amount of stress and anger that has been caused within this household tonight due to your actions is unacceptable .
Userlevel 2
i know this may seem steep but i have decided to seek advice on this . its not the done done thing .Soundcloud have imposed on me a symbol that i take serious offence to - i choose not to NOT engage social media due its differing views . Without advertising its / their intentions Soundcloud has chose to force its views on us without our consent . Wether this is intentional or not it has caused people to ask why do i have this symbol on associated with me - should i really be accountable for that and any derogatory comments that follow . There are clear boundaries that are set out within guidelines - this 100% contradicts those guidelines - explain your actions please publicly .
why do i have to subjected to ridicule publicly or other wise abuse for your misjudgment .
A great deal of stress has been caused within my household - question from my kids " why is the Gay flag on your soundcloud " Really should i accept this on your behalf - did your terms and conditions state that i had to accept all faith and sexual orientation before signing up ?.
The amount of stress and anger that has been caused within this household tonight due to your actions is unacceptable .

I too would like an official statement to explain the actions of Soundcloud. I believe it to be prudent to point out where I agreed to have Soundcloud advocate my faith and sexual orientation. It will be a big determining factor of whether I stay a part of the community or find another venue that offers a similar service.
Userlevel 1

I just wish someone would explain the purpose of it being there. Gay week? Protests in Turkey? It's a German website, they have to be clear on this.