Question

Likes-Auto-Delete

• 18 February 2015
  • 15 replies

I have the problem/Bug that some of my Likes are disliked for no reason. I first saw this problem when there were some Repost with no likes.
But i was able to re-like the songs.
Now, since a week I am not able to re-like the songs.
After a reload they are not re-liked
When i dislike a Like on purpose i can relike it
I talked with a supporter about the problem, but we did not find any solution

I have a new pc. no plugins installed
and tried it on different OS, browser...

The 2 Flume songs i like a year ago than i had the bug a few weeks ago
But i was able to re-like the songs. and just to be sure i also reposted them

Now today ! The Bug again. They are not liked and not relikeable

I feel really lost with this Problem !

A month ago i had 1000 Likes more and now i think it is caused by this HUGHE BUG!

Please Help!

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this and sorry about the troubles with this. Hmm, let's see. I've looked into this for you and it seems like you were able to "like" The song Star Eyes again. I've investigated this further and wasn't able to reproduce the issue you were referring to when "liking" Ezra - this track is now part of your likes again.

Other then that, if a track disappears from your likes, then this is most often due to the track being switched from public to private, or there were copyright disputes, or the original uploader has deleted the track. I can't tell which of these things might apply in the Flume case, but maybe he had set it to private at some point, in which case it would've disappeared from your likes.

Hope this helps to shed some light on the issue for you. I'll make sure to pass on your report to our engineers either way to make sure we all keep an eye out on what's going on with this feature.

Cheers,
Mathis
ehhhm... the issue/bug stil makes me crazy! I can't re-like the songs with this bug. I am just able to repost so that i don't loss them :(

The soundcloud app shows me a total number ob 3768
And my Desktop shows 3043

700 songs i can't like anymore?!

I was actually able to like a song i had liked. But i thing the tune will disappear until tommorow :(

Is there some update? Please rap somebody over the knuckles and make soundcloud work propper for me again , please 😢
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Bronk,

Have you checked to see that the tracks are still available on the site?

-G
yes the tracks are on . i can re-like the tracks as often as i want.
max 1 day and they are unliked !
Honestly, I'm very disappointed in the entire Soundcloud Development team as well as customer service specifically. All of the songs I liked, every single one, and all playlists I made, are missing. All my reposts, are missing. My entire profile is now a white page without even one song. Want to explain this? You guys have a very inefficient application and really do need to work on optimization. I'm considering deleting my account &I simply paying Apple 10/month for what I'm guessing is an absolute perfect music application that will not screw me over.
Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this and sorry about the troubles with this. Hmm, let's see. I've looked into this for you and it seems like you were able to "like" The song Star Eyes again. I've investigated this further and wasn't able to reproduce the issue you were referring to when "liking" Ezra - this track is now part of your likes again.

Other then that, if a track disappears from your likes, then this is most often due to the track being switched from public to private, or there were copyright disputes, or the original uploader has deleted the track. I can't tell which of these things might apply in the Flume case, but maybe he had set it to private at some point, in which case it would've disappeared from your likes.

Hope this helps to shed some light on the issue for you. I'll make sure to pass on your report to our engineers either way to make sure we all keep an eye out on what's going on with this feature.

Cheers,
Mathis

Happens to me all the time to this day and it has caused me to lose a lot of great music. Fix your website. It's a great platform but it has been glitchy since day one. Especially on mobile.
Hi there,

Cheers,
Mathis

I have the same issue, would really love to have it fixed because i'm losing a lot of music. Could save them with Spotify but I like SoundCloud better so please fix this !!
Had the same exact issue
Same problem here. Nothing much worse than people telling you they like the song, and the next day you have nothing to show for it. Glad people are saying something, as now I don't feel so bad. But Soundcloud better get on this pretty soon, or they will lose clients.
me too 🙂
Hi there,

Cheers,
Mathis

Have been having the same issue. My likes went from 202.. And then I went and liked a couple songs... And now it's down to 180. All my reposted songs are now unliked even though they were once liked. Losing a lot of great music as well.
Same after liking a bundle of songs the glitch started happening when i was trying to like songs from migos and i thought it was just that song but also logics song also started doing that but i was able to get it back on my liked songs by reliking them again and again when that glitch started happening but after i refreshed the songs are gone. Is there a solution to this?
*update* everything i try to like after i liked 49 tracks, they won't stay in my liked tracks
I had the same issue today, I had ~350 liked songs and it shot down to ~20. This is bull
This is actually disgusting. Reading the comments from about 2 years ago stating that they have the same problem That I have today shows that obviously nothing has been done about this bug smh. I do enjoy this app but every time I refresh my likes they all just disappear and it’s getting on my nerves. I’ve had to search for them Over and over again and I’ve had enough, if this problem doesn’t get fixed further into the future I’m just going to end up deleting this app.