Question

Likes on mobile app are not showing up on website

I liked a bunch of songs (20-30) in one day on my phone and I can see them in the app. However when I log in to the website those tracks are not showing up in my likes. Also, the likes on the mobile app don't play in the order they're listed.

75 replies

I've noticed that soundcloud takes a while to catch up to what is actually going on. It's just computers and servers and shit man. We can't expect everything to be done and fixed right away can we? I donno
I think the problem is they aren't LISTENING!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Sweatty and Stuck on Stupid,

To be honest, we usually catch on to things when users report them so thank you for giving the heads up on this. My first thought on the missing likes is that you may have accidentally created a duplicate account on your mobile device. Can you take a screenshot of the likes on your device and post it here so that I can compare it with what I see?

Thanks!
Gina
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Tracks I like on mobile not showing on web.

I have liked a bunch of tracks on my mobile app (samsung s4) but they are not showing up on my likes list on the web app.
I have the same issue and its the same profile. my web likes show up on my mobile but not vice versa
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I have the same issue and its the same profile. my web likes show up on my mobile but not vice versa
Hi again,

Hmm, so let's see - In order to investigate this further, can you also take a screenshot of some of your likes on your mobile phone that are not showing up on your account when you look at it from a web browser?

Cheers
Mathis

To be honest, we usually catch on to things when users report them so thank you for giving the heads up on this. My first thought on the missing likes is that you may have accidentally created a duplicate account on your mobile device. Can you take a screenshot of the likes on your device and post it here so that I can compare it with what I see?

Thanks!
Gina

Here are a few screenshots of my likes on the mobile app:

Thanks!
Gina

Compared to the likes on the Soundcloud webpage:

There is some overlap, but about 20-30 tracks are only showing up on the mobile app and not the webpage.

Also here's a link to my likes:
https://soundcloud.com/sweatty/likes
Hi,

I meet the same problem. I use the same account for mobile app and the computer version.
The titles I liked or that I added to a playlist on the app mobile does not update the computer version.
I tried to restart the application and reconnect several times on the phone and on the computer also, and playlists do not update ...

I use Windows 8 and Google Chrome with my computer, and Android version for my mobile (Samsung Galaxy S4).
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone for providing the screenshots. I had taken this to our developers, however we're still not 100% positive of the root cause and our devs are asking for more info - sorry to be a pain, but if you could provide one or two of the tracks that don't seem to get synced, and if this goes both ways, let us know which device you've used to "like" the track, then our devs can investigate this further.

What I was seeing when looking into the case, comparing your likes from your screenshots with the ones that show on web, the number on my browser was higher then the number on your screenshots, which indicates the opposite way of syncing isn't working (unless, you've liked a bunch of new tracks since you made the screenshots).

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers,
Mathis
Freddy Verano Feat Stephenie Coker - If I were Your Woman(Original Radio Edit) and In For It(Prod. br RL Grime) - Tonry Lanez...many others wont sync either. These I liked on my phone. And yes Have liked a bunch of new tracks on my profile since the screenshot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Freddy Verano Feat Stephenie Coker - If I were Your Woman(Original Radio Edit) and In For It(Prod. br RL Grime) - Tonry Lanez...many others wont sync either. These I liked on my phone. And yes Have liked a bunch of new tracks on my profile since the screenshot.
Hi blackkoala,

Thanks for sending these over. I've forwarded this to our devs straight away. I'm hoping we can soon provide you with news around this. Your help is very much appreciated!
Any update?
Want a fix for this bug asap
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Aspastllc,

Can you please give me examples of likes that are on your mobile that are not on your profile on a computer?

-G
has anybody fixed this yet? i like songs from my galaxy s5 and they dont show up on my pc, and i know plenty of poeple with the same issue....
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Adding songs in playlist on mobile phone not updating on PC with same playlist..

Dear Soundcloud,

I've been adding songs to my soundcloud playlist on my mobile phone. Yet the song i've add do not appear on my PC. So this meaning the syncing between these two devices don't work. Is there a fix for this?
Or do i need to update my playlist manually now between device? :(
My playlist contains about 150 songs.

Greetings,

Martijn.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for hanging in there with us. Our Android team is pushing out a fix on this next release that should fix syncing issues. Thanks again for reporting these issues.

Best,
Gina
Userlevel 1
Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone for providing the screenshots. I had taken this to our developers, however we're still not 100% positive of the root cause and our devs are asking for more info - sorry to be a pain, but if you could provide one or two of the tracks that don't seem to get synced, and if this goes both ways, let us know which device you've used to "like" the track, then our devs can investigate this further.

What I was seeing when looking into the case, comparing your likes from your screenshots with the ones that show on web, the number on my browser was higher then the number on your screenshots, which indicates the opposite way of syncing isn't working (unless, you've liked a bunch of new tracks since you made the screenshots).

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers,
Mathis

Please note I have the upmost respect for you guys but I think you need to be more proactive in your investigations. Get an Android, like some songs, see if it appears on your PC. Surely you have beta testers finding the same, because the poor syncing is constant with my phone and my PC. If you can't get an Android, get an emulator?

The issue is clearly quite prominent. Asking for more info than a screenshot sounds like you're dodging the issue. Would you like a rolling calendar of what I like and when?
I am still having this issue
still happening, please fix!
Same thing here people. Likes on mobile app are not showing up on website. 12 likes on mobile and 3 (different) likes on website. 😞
still happening... Also these songs are liked but not showing up. If i search for them the like button is active.... Please fix!
Still having this issue.