Question

Likes on mobile app are not showing up on website

Show first post

75 replies

I could fix the same kinda issue somehow.

Here are the details:
I have liked 6 songs on mobile app, and have never liked songs on web.
I could see my likes, but none of my likes shows up on web.

I signed out on web, and re-signed in right away.

After all, the 6 my likes songs show up on web as well.
If you have never tried this way, it may help you.

So is the cause related to local cache or somethings?
This issue is really unfriendly to users since liking songs both on mobile and web is one of the most frequent users behaviors. SoundCloud team should more serious about this issue, otherwise...

Same problem still going on man
This happened to me after switching phones. I've done everything I can to troubleshoot and no luck. It won't even load my collection on mobile - it just says "There was a problem loading your collection. Try again later". It's almost like the app is unable to communicate with the Soundcloud server, but specifically for likes. Everything else, including my stream and playlists, are fine.

I thought that your "likes" are treated just like another playlist, in which case why can the app load my playlists but not my likes?
Hi Sweatty and Stuck on Stupid,

To be honest, we usually catch on to things when users report them so thank you for giving the heads up on this. My first thought on the missing likes is that you may have accidentally created a duplicate account on your mobile device. Can you take a screenshot of the likes on your device and post it here so that I can compare it with what I see?

Thanks!
Gina

i get that problem as well
I could fix the same kinda issue somehow.

Here are the details:
I have liked 6 songs on mobile app, and have never liked songs on web.
I could see my likes, but none of my likes shows up on web.

I signed out on web, and re-signed in right away.

After all, the 6 my likes songs show up on web as well.
If you have never tried this way, it may help you.

So is the cause related to local cache or somethings?
This issue is really unfriendly to users since liking songs both on mobile and web is one of the most frequent users behaviors. SoundCloud team should more serious about this issue, otherwise...

BOOYA! Thank you so much Takahiro!!

Signing out and signing back in on the web application on my chrome browser re-synced all my likes 🙂
still not working. im using shw-m440s galaxy s3
same fucking issue and no fucking reply from soundcloud this is becoming so annoying and shows how soundcloud care for its users we want a fucking solution i have 116 liked song and showing only 60 on both web and application.
this is stupid a year and still nothing
Same issue here. I have 18 likes in the browser, but only 1 in the android app. It's been like that for over a year, no syncing regardless of how I set the sync-over-wifi option in the menu.
My profile picture also hasn't synced.

I even tried clearing my app data and cache on android and logging in again. No luck.
Please help!
My Likes have all disapeared! Im about to cry. You know how hard it was to go through 100s of tracks and pick out your favs, All to see them disappear after you log out and log back in. This sync issue is weighing heavy on my nerves. Please fix.
My Likes have all disapeared! Im about to cry. You know how hard it was to go through 100s of tracks and pick out your favs, All to see them disappear after you log out and log back in. This sync issue is weighing heavy on my nerves. Please fix.
Same here, like two months worth of songs are gone and I don't know them all. I feel betrayed and upset. I'm gonna start using playlists
For what its worth I have a work-around that seems to work. I have this problem on iOS 9.3.2 Soundcloud is latest version 4.2.1 (3367) and log in using the Facebook login button if that makes any difference for the developers.

For me logging out, closing the app, updating to the latest version and enabling 'Clean Database' in Settings>Soundcloud before reopening the app and logging back in synced my likes. However afterwards they would not automatically sync again unless I manually enable 'Clean Database' again even after logging out/in again. 'Clean Database' workaround was good several times after that successfully however without logging out.

So try to log out, update app if possible, enable settings>clean database(iOS - sorry not sure what the equivalent android location is), log back in and hopefully that will fix. Then use Clean Database afterwards if its not showing up again.

No promises if it will work but I hope it does!
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for hanging in there with us. Our Android team is pushing out a fix on this next release that should fix syncing issues. Thanks again for reporting these issues.

Best,
Gina

nope, still not working. what's the deal??
For what its worth I have a work-around that seems to work. I have this problem on iOS 9.3.2 Soundcloud is latest version 4.2.1 (3367) and log in using the Facebook login button if that makes any difference for the developers.

For me logging out, closing the app, updating to the latest version and enabling 'Clean Database' in Settings>Soundcloud before reopening the app and logging back in synced my likes. However afterwards they would not automatically sync again unless I manually enable 'Clean Database' again even after logging out/in again. 'Clean Database' workaround was good several times after that successfully however without logging out.

So try to log out, update app if possible, enable settings>clean database(iOS - sorry not sure what the equivalent android location is), log back in and hopefully that will fix. Then use Clean Database afterwards if its not showing up again.

No promises if it will work but I hope it does!

and naturally they just ignore this. we're paying to make you better and it's not happening. this is an extremely basic and pretty vital thing. get on your shit soundcloud
Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone for providing the screenshots. I had taken this to our developers, however we're still not 100% positive of the root cause and our devs are asking for more info - sorry to be a pain, but if you could provide one or two of the tracks that don't seem to get synced, and if this goes both ways, let us know which device you've used to "like" the track, then our devs can investigate this further.

What I was seeing when looking into the case, comparing your likes from your screenshots with the ones that show on web, the number on my browser was higher then the number on your screenshots, which indicates the opposite way of syncing isn't working (unless, you've liked a bunch of new tracks since you made the screenshots).

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers,
Mathis

I've had this problem with my Soundcloud account on and off for the past 2 years. And FWIW I am a Soundcloud Go user. Please fix this since it's really frustrating, and shouldn't be a difficult fix, to simply_ properly sync "likes" on your profile. What's an even bigger problem, is my likes are constantly out of order, like something I "liked" a month ago will pop up to the top of my list, and something I liked today will be 4 or 5 songs down. This may not sound like a huge deal, but it's really annoying trying to select a song real quick while driving, and having to scroll through my list to find the song I want. Also, this isn't a free app for me anymore, I'm paying for this every month. So please fix this. There are plenty of other music applications out there we can use.

It's obvious you guys have not worked to fix this issue, since this thread is a year old.
This thread is one year old. The issue still persists. What can I do?

Thank you for helping 🙂
I guess this still hasn't been resolved as my likes on the desktop version of the site have not updated the likes from my mobile in a few months now. What the heck?! Not sure how SoundCloud expects anyone to pay for a premium service if the most basic of functions does not work.
I know I'm late but it's happening with me too
Hello, After experiencing what sounds like an identical issue for the past couple of months, I believe I may have found a solution for some users. Songs that I've added to a playlist that I create while on mobile device for my soundcloud account have not been showing on windows 10 desktop computer. After backing up some data on my mobile device I was skimming through the settings for my android. Under the 'Accounts' section of the settings, soundcloud is listed. This peaked my interest of course after knowing about my issue with added songs/playlists not showing on desktop computer. I pressed on the soundcloud button under Accounts on my android device, it gives me an option to 'touch to sync now'. After that, I refreshed my soundcloud on my desktop computer and it appears that the playlist from my mobile device is now showing on the desktop computer. Looking at the playlist that appeared on desktop, im 100% sure this was the one from my mobile device, it shows it was created today, 20 minutes ago. I'm a user who tends to turn of auto sync settings cause of concerns of data usage, it makes sense to me now that I think about it. This may not be a solution for everyone, but it's a quick thing to check if you're experiencing what I was.
... on my mobile device I was skimming through the settings for my android. Under the 'Accounts' section of the settings, soundcloud is listed. This peaked my interest of course after knowing about my issue with added songs/playlists not showing on desktop computer. I pressed on the soundcloud button under Accounts on my android device, it gives me an option to 'touch to sync now'. After that, I refreshed my soundcloud on my desktop computer and it appears that the playlist from my mobile device is now showing on the desktop computer.
OMG thank you for that! Totally worked for me! I can't believe it took that long to figure this out. This topic started 2 years ago.
Maybe you should be the on the dev team.
... on my mobile device I was skimming through the settings for my android. Under the 'Accounts' section of the settings, soundcloud is listed. This peaked my interest of course after knowing about my issue with added songs/playlists not showing on desktop computer. I pressed on the soundcloud button under Accounts on my android device, it gives me an option to 'touch to sync now'. After that, I refreshed my soundcloud on my desktop computer and it appears that the playlist from my mobile device is now showing on the desktop computer.
OMG thank you for that! Totally worked for me! I can't believe it took that long to figure this out. This topic started 2 years ago.

No problem, friend. I am happy to help. 🆒
🆒🆒🆒🆒🆒
My likes don't show up on a browser period. It doesn't matter if I added them on the browser just seconds or minutes ago.
still having this issue, what the heck?

THIS IS THE SOLUTION! thank you b