Question

Likes on mobile app are not showing up on website

I liked a bunch of songs (20-30) in one day on my phone and I can see them in the app. However when I log in to the website those tracks are not showing up in my likes. Also, the likes on the mobile app don't play in the order they're listed.

75 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone for providing the screenshots. I had taken this to our developers, however we're still not 100% positive of the root cause and our devs are asking for more info - sorry to be a pain, but if you could provide one or two of the tracks that don't seem to get synced, and if this goes both ways, let us know which device you've used to "like" the track, then our devs can investigate this further.

What I was seeing when looking into the case, comparing your likes from your screenshots with the ones that show on web, the number on my browser was higher then the number on your screenshots, which indicates the opposite way of syncing isn't working (unless, you've liked a bunch of new tracks since you made the screenshots).

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers,
Mathis

Please note I have the upmost respect for you guys but I think you need to be more proactive in your investigations. Get an Android, like some songs, see if it appears on your PC. Surely you have beta testers finding the same, because the poor syncing is constant with my phone and my PC. If you can't get an Android, get an emulator?

The issue is clearly quite prominent. Asking for more info than a screenshot sounds like you're dodging the issue. Would you like a rolling calendar of what I like and when?
... on my mobile device I was skimming through the settings for my android. Under the 'Accounts' section of the settings, soundcloud is listed. This peaked my interest of course after knowing about my issue with added songs/playlists not showing on desktop computer. I pressed on the soundcloud button under Accounts on my android device, it gives me an option to 'touch to sync now'. After that, I refreshed my soundcloud on my desktop computer and it appears that the playlist from my mobile device is now showing on the desktop computer.
OMG thank you for that! Totally worked for me! I can't believe it took that long to figure this out. This topic started 2 years ago.
Maybe you should be the on the dev team.
The same problem still going on, tbh it's really a pain. You'd think it'd be fixed by now but no
Hello, After experiencing what sounds like an identical issue for the past couple of months, I believe I may have found a solution for some users. Songs that I've added to a playlist that I create while on mobile device for my soundcloud account have not been showing on windows 10 desktop computer. After backing up some data on my mobile device I was skimming through the settings for my android. Under the 'Accounts' section of the settings, soundcloud is listed. This peaked my interest of course after knowing about my issue with added songs/playlists not showing on desktop computer. I pressed on the soundcloud button under Accounts on my android device, it gives me an option to 'touch to sync now'. After that, I refreshed my soundcloud on my desktop computer and it appears that the playlist from my mobile device is now showing on the desktop computer. Looking at the playlist that appeared on desktop, im 100% sure this was the one from my mobile device, it shows it was created today, 20 minutes ago. I'm a user who tends to turn of auto sync settings cause of concerns of data usage, it makes sense to me now that I think about it. This may not be a solution for everyone, but it's a quick thing to check if you're experiencing what I was.
🆒🆒🆒🆒🆒
hay, I have 33 love track, but when I press looking and listening, I see 15 track 😕 please help me 🙂 web page all good, I see all track, but android I can't listening 😕 please help me 🙂

https://soundcloud.com/gediminas-stankevi-ius-351817382
soundcloud don't seem to give shit about this problem guys. i have the same as the top post six month ago, and no, i won't take screenshot for you, you can check everything on your server and do your job, thanks

Ho, and by the way, its been more than a week that i changed my profile pic and whenever i post a link to my likes on social media, it is the old one that is showing. THUMBS UP
That really sucks to be honest. I've been a proud soundcloud user for a long time now and am encountering any kind of a problem for the first time and seeing that it isn't concerning anyone around here makes me think about changing to other online audio distribution provider.

2 weeks passed by and still no reply from any kind of support here?
I could fix the same kinda issue somehow.

Here are the details:
I have liked 6 songs on mobile app, and have never liked songs on web.
I could see my likes, but none of my likes shows up on web.

I signed out on web, and re-signed in right away.

After all, the 6 my likes songs show up on web as well.
If you have never tried this way, it may help you.

So is the cause related to local cache or somethings?
This issue is really unfriendly to users since liking songs both on mobile and web is one of the most frequent users behaviors. SoundCloud team should more serious about this issue, otherwise...
same fucking issue and no fucking reply from soundcloud this is becoming so annoying and shows how soundcloud care for its users we want a fucking solution i have 116 liked song and showing only 60 on both web and application.
This happened to me after switching phones. I've done everything I can to troubleshoot and no luck. It won't even load my collection on mobile - it just says "There was a problem loading your collection. Try again later". It's almost like the app is unable to communicate with the Soundcloud server, but specifically for likes. Everything else, including my stream and playlists, are fine.

I thought that your "likes" are treated just like another playlist, in which case why can the app load my playlists but not my likes?
Same still same issue. updated my soundcloud client on phone same as allways.
I have the same problem. Just happened today.

Getting rather frustrated by reading these responses and seeing that SoundCloud isn't doing anything to help. It'd be nice to have all my music synced. Get it together.
I could fix the same kinda issue somehow.

Here are the details:
I have liked 6 songs on mobile app, and have never liked songs on web.
I could see my likes, but none of my likes shows up on web.

I signed out on web, and re-signed in right away.

After all, the 6 my likes songs show up on web as well.
If you have never tried this way, it may help you.

So is the cause related to local cache or somethings?
This issue is really unfriendly to users since liking songs both on mobile and web is one of the most frequent users behaviors. SoundCloud team should more serious about this issue, otherwise...

BOOYA! Thank you so much Takahiro!!

Signing out and signing back in on the web application on my chrome browser re-synced all my likes 🙂
Still having this issue.
I know I'm late but it's happening with me too
... on my mobile device I was skimming through the settings for my android. Under the 'Accounts' section of the settings, soundcloud is listed. This peaked my interest of course after knowing about my issue with added songs/playlists not showing on desktop computer. I pressed on the soundcloud button under Accounts on my android device, it gives me an option to 'touch to sync now'. After that, I refreshed my soundcloud on my desktop computer and it appears that the playlist from my mobile device is now showing on the desktop computer.
OMG thank you for that! Totally worked for me! I can't believe it took that long to figure this out. This topic started 2 years ago.
Maybe you should be the on the dev team.

No problem, friend. I am happy to help. 🆒
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Adding songs in playlist on mobile phone not updating on PC with same playlist..

Dear Soundcloud,

I've been adding songs to my soundcloud playlist on my mobile phone. Yet the song i've add do not appear on my PC. So this meaning the syncing between these two devices don't work. Is there a fix for this?
Or do i need to update my playlist manually now between device? :(
My playlist contains about 150 songs.

Greetings,

Martijn.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for hanging in there with us. Our Android team is pushing out a fix on this next release that should fix syncing issues. Thanks again for reporting these issues.

Best,
Gina
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Sweatty and Stuck on Stupid,

To be honest, we usually catch on to things when users report them so thank you for giving the heads up on this. My first thought on the missing likes is that you may have accidentally created a duplicate account on your mobile device. Can you take a screenshot of the likes on your device and post it here so that I can compare it with what I see?

Thanks!
Gina
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Tracks I like on mobile not showing on web.

I have liked a bunch of tracks on my mobile app (samsung s4) but they are not showing up on my likes list on the web app.
I have the same issue and its the same profile. my web likes show up on my mobile but not vice versa
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Freddy Verano Feat Stephenie Coker - If I were Your Woman(Original Radio Edit) and In For It(Prod. br RL Grime) - Tonry Lanez...many others wont sync either. These I liked on my phone. And yes Have liked a bunch of new tracks on my profile since the screenshot.
Hi Aspastllc,

Can you please give me examples of likes that are on your mobile that are not on your profile on a computer?

-G
soundcloud don't seem to give shit about this problem guys. i have the same as the top post six month ago, and no, i won't take screenshot for you, you can check everything on your server and do your job, thanks

Ho, and by the way, its been more than a week that i changed my profile pic and whenever i post a link to my likes on social media, it is the old one that is showing. THUMBS UP

i Cry a bit and 8 minutes later, my new likes have been sync'd
Still got the problem of the profile pic but hey, its already better 🙂
has anybody fixed this yet? i like songs from my galaxy s5 and they dont show up on my pc, and i know plenty of poeple with the same issue....