Question

Mess between playlists and tracks?!

Hey guys,

Don't you think is it a real mess on our soundcloud with the playlists and tracks? that makes duplicates. Now it is a disaster, even as a listener I loose interest everytime I go to an artist page, lost between the repost, his tracks, the playlists... its is a real mess !

Why dont you remove the tracks as soon as they are added to a playlist?

Or the possibilty to choose by default the playlist, would appear all the playlist fist on our soundcoud.

Please do something !

Mr.Moutarde

16 replies

Annoying !
+1 !!
Please do something !
Userlevel 6
Hi,

Thanks for visiting the help forums :)

I certainly get where you guys are coming from. There is a way, via web browser use of Soundcloud anyway, where you can get a clearer picture of a users sound(s) without all of the "clutter".

If you click on the icon that indicates the amount of sounds on a users profile page (on the left hand side of the screen, under their profile picture, a little icon with 5 vertical lines making a basic waveform shape) you will be taken to a page which lists just that users sounds & then there are also clickable tabs to show that users playlists (if they have made any), likes, groups, comments etc etc. This weeds out all the re-posts and lets you concentrate on checking out that users sounds and other activities.

Hope that helps :)

Regards

DJ R.I.P
Userlevel 1
Hi,

I certainly get where you guys are coming from. There is a way, via web browser use of Soundcloud anyway, where you can get a clearer picture of a users sound(s) without all of the "clutter".

If you click on the icon that indicates the amount of sounds on a users profile page (on the left hand side of the screen, under their profile picture, a little icon with 5 vertical lines making a basic waveform shape) you will be taken to a page which lists just that users sounds & then there are also clickable tabs to show that users playlists (if they have made any), likes, groups, comments etc etc. This weeds out all the re-posts and lets you concentrate on checking out that users sounds and other activities.

Regards

DJ R.I.P

It would be helpful if this route to tracks was labelled as a link.
Userlevel 5
Hello there,
As already described by DJ R.I.P one can get to an artist's tracks easily. But I wanted to put my personal opinion about the matter as well.
On one hand, I know where you guys are coming from and it totally makes sense. On the other hand, I feel like it is better as it is, because people who are really interested in using soundcloud to discover good new music and / or promote their own tracks, in a way those of us are forced to think twice before hitting the repost button, and also to listen more carefully . I really am not a fan of the 'facebook' type of 'social' interacting in which people just hit those 'like' and 'share' buttons like crazy without even reading the whole post or paying attention to the music or image art that has being posted, but rather share and like and repost the posts that are already enjoying a big amount of attention. This kind of perpetuating ( in most cases non sense) of 'pop "culture" ' is really not my thing. That's how I feel about it.
But don't get me wrong, I've done that too... However, I noticed pretty quickly that all of my newsfeed is just spam, nonsense clutter, and stuff I've seen, heard and read already. So I think, the soundcloud people should leave it as it is.
Another point I would make is that one- it is pretty obvious right now , who actually pays attention to tracks on soundcloud and who is simply trying to attract more following by mindlessly reposting, liking , and following without even listening to the tracks. So from my point of view it is cool for me to know with whom would I be interested in talking and networking on soundcloud, rather than waisting my time writing a long letter to an online 'label' or 'virtual artist' who have like 10 or 15 accounts and don't even bother responding to comments and/or messages.
These are just few things that came to my mind. There is more to this, but this post is getting pretty long as it is, so I'll leave it by that.
Finally, if you still would like to have the feature you mentioned- it is described on this link -
About Feature Requests
More power to you if you read so far lol...Greetings.
IK
Hi,

Regards

DJ R.I.P

Thanks for the information but as a Soundcloud user for yeard I think we know what you just mentionned but it is far a way to be a great solution since as you know, users won't click there and here to reach the playlist or so.... Users wants something easy to reach without any complication if so they change profile....
Hi,

Regards

DJ R.I.P

As I remember in the old version of Souncloud we could put in "spotlight" our playlist tracks, even what we liked.

Why don't get it back again?
Userlevel 5
Hi,

Regards

DJ R.I.P

There is countless numbers of websites, so called social networks, where people can play the role of 'being users' . I personally would rather have humans listening to my music, than users skipping through tracks as if it is images on instagram or games on facebook, or one-line-nonsense-status-updates like on twitter. I mean, there is already numerous websites and apps for this . Why make soundcloud like that too? In my opinion, if that would happen, soundcloud would follow the fortune of myspace, as simple as that. Thankfully, I don't think they will, or at least I hope so. Which is why I am even posting this- I'd like to let people know there is at least one guy opposing the suggested changes .
Some people put a lot of thought, experience, dedication and even sacrifice in the doing of their music, regardless of styles... Those people deserve that when they put their music out there, somebody listening to it or downloading it would pay attention to it, instead using it as a background noise/font while they are wasting their time with games on facebook and similar stuff.
Also... with paid accounts, people can choose of up to 5 tracks/playlists of theirs that they want to, which would then stay on the top of their profile in front of all the reposts they made. Almost forgot to mention this...
IK
Hi IK,

Thanks for getting involved into this but I guess you are going way beyong the point.
who cares about reposting a track without listening it? What do we want as consummers and you Souncloud? We wants visibility ! Since when companies like your thinks about ethical?

What we want it is something clear, net and straigh foreward for our listeners.

Behing able to choose what we want to show (like playlists, likes or whatever) it is the minimum asked mostly when we are pay for the solution.

Thanks again for the power you gave me for reading it all ;-)

Cheers buddy
Mr.moutarde
Userlevel 5
Lol. You are welcome.
I have a little trouble understanding your point. But I'll try to answer in a logical manner.
"Who cares"? Well I do care.
"we want it is something clear, net and straigh foreward for our listeners." Well then, there is a way for that- its called a website. One can make it as straight forward and as clear as one wants for the amount of 2000 to 5000 US dollars and up.
There is enough of companies selling 'products' already ... From apple's i-tunes to McDonalds and beyond. I'm saying, let's not make soundcloud like this.
Also as to "Behing able to choose what we want to show (like playlists, likes or whatever) it is the minimum asked mostly when we are pay " ... The amount one pays monthly on soundcloud for a pro plan, which is 6 dollars, would not be enough to pay even for the hosting and webaddress for a minimum features website. And I am not mentioning the costs of developing such a website that would feature audio streaming, downloads etc... Most webdesigners would ask you for at least 300 dollars, just for a few static pages ( the once that you only would have text and a few pictures on them) . And this is on the low end prices, the once you would get if you make the work of finding a freelance webdesigner to do it. My point is, that what one pays on soundcloud is really low when you make math. And it means, that developers of such technology like soundcloud have to make the platform as practical, simple and mostly high efficient and possible to be able to hold such low prices for subscriptions and to be able to offer a free service as well.
"Since when companies like your thinks about ethical?" ... If you are implying I work for soundcloud , you are wrong... I don't. It would be a dream job if I was though. And by no means am I representing an official standpoint of the soundcloud company here. Rather, I am posting this with the hope, that they ( soundcloud) would be aware of the fact that not everybody agrees with the suggested innovations leading to a platform for 'selling of products of musical nature' .
Now, even more power to you if you read this one, too my friend.
Greetings.
IK
Userlevel 5
Hi,

Regards

DJ R.I.P

Well... Why?
Let me ask you this in return... Why are you posting from a few different accounts on here? Are you trying to simulate bigger interest in the suggested features than there is?
And why are you posting the suggestions a second time, if this was already posted some time ago by you, and was answered by the soundcloud people, namely by Gina if I remember well?
And why are you continuously posting these new suggestions in the help forum, even though you were advised how and where to do so , so that it would lend in the proper inbox of the soundcloud developers?
I can only speculate as to why ...
IK
Hi,

Regards

DJ R.I.P

Instead of seeing the value in what I am saying in order to make soundcloud better for us producer and label you are trying to make me feel unconfortable with a post which is for me importante.

I am sorry for you if you don't get it,
If you would do music you would probably understand my point.

"Why are you posting from a few different accounts on here?" This is depending from where Iam opening this fuck*ng soundcloud, firefox of Chrome... Didn't pay attention, thats it.
No need to go for any further, which might leave you a bit more time to speculate, best thing you will do probably IK.

How comes it turn to be like all those stupids forums where there is always one being the stubborn agressive? When I simply asked why cant we get that feature??
Userlevel 6
Hey everyone,

Wow!, OK this all got a little heated in sections & seems to have kind of slightly drifted off topic here and there, if I can try to offer round a plate of metaphorical cookies & treats (drinks at the bar & a heated smoking shelter is outside if anyone feels the need to spark one up) & make a suggestion...

I hope I am safe in assuming that, although it's kind of hidden & the general consensus is that people won't look for it or want to click on it or even realise its existence in the first place......the page that I mentioned in my original reply is a good idea in terms of seeing things nice & neat & without clutter.....so....how is this for a suggestion?.....

Soundcloud maybe has the suggestion raised that this tabbed system is introduced as their main profile page, tabs clearly identified at the top, maybe starting with tracks, then re-posts, playlists etc etc...this way there is no trawling through a huge list of tracks that the artist has re-posted as well as their own tracks but there is still the option of seeing the reposts. Maybe a highlights section for each tab?

Bear in mind some producers, myself included, may have had a tune released through a label & therefore not have the track on their own profile but on the labels, now, personally, im still going to re-post my own track in that instance, I still want it visible on my profile as well as the labels so, as much as a pain it is for having to wade through a serial re-poster's stream (I will hold my hand up here that I do re-post other tracks by other users quite regularly, but only because I like the tracks & genuinely believe that my followers may well want to hear them as well), we still need that function, but a way to separate everything more instantly would be a better direction.

So, summing up...the public profile page of any artist is clearly tabbed, allowing the visiting user to easily select what they want to see & hear with maybe a highlights section for the tracks, playlists & re-posts tabs.

If you think this is a worthwhile suggestion then get your musical butts to the features request form & fill that sucker in! I will be doing that after I've posted this reply on here, if anyone else would like to join in, that would be just peachy :)

Neither myself or IK (who does do music as well) work for Soundcloud, we both come on here with the genuine aim to try & help out or advise as best as possible but, at the end of the day, we both pretty regular users of the platform, same as everyone else :)

OK, I'll be joining anyone who is in my imaginary smoking shelter quickly & then I'll be off to fill in the features request form :D

Happy soundclouding everyone

DJ R.I.P
Userlevel 5
I am late, but I am joining to smoke 'session' lol
I have not any kind of mess with playlists, songs and track as I am using https://musconv.com/ for import and transfer of songs and playlists on many music platforms.